Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windowed Mode and other stuff.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Venduras

Windowed Mode and other stuff. Empty
PostSubject: Windowed Mode and other stuff.   Windowed Mode and other stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 am

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to put the client in a 'windowed' mode under Windows 7. Also, I'm wondering if there are any sites around that have GUI mods. I'm no good with graphics stuff or I would make my own.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Windowed Mode and other stuff.   Windowed Mode and other stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:14 am

The Aranock client itself does not run in windows mode.

However, there are a number of applications around that will run it in a windows mode.

The one I use is Oracle's Virtual Box (previously owned by Sun). Ths requires a bit of set up and a bit of horse power (mainly in your graphics card) but effectively will run an operating system under another operating system. My old Athalon 2600 with a 64Mb graphics card can run it but it works far better on the Quad Core.

There are others around as well. But becareful - choose one from a reputable site as there are a number of windowing programmes around that are actually viruses.

Back to top Go down
Venduras

PostSubject: Re: Windowed Mode and other stuff.   Windowed Mode and other stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:17 am

Well, I just recently got a new computer. I've got a Core 2 Quad, and a NVidia GeForce GTS240(512mb video card), so my PC may be able to handle it. =D
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Windowed Mode and other stuff.   Windowed Mode and other stuff. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 am

I think so.

Oracle Virtual Box is free.

You install it then you can install one or more operating systems (e.g. Windows XP, Linux etc) on it.

There may be simpler windowing systems out there but VB suits my purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windowed Mode and other stuff.   Windowed Mode and other stuff. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windowed Mode and other stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: