Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Question about Windowed Mode

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cody

Cody

Quick Question about Windowed Mode Empty
PostSubject: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:36 am

So I know it's possible to make v2 run in Windowed Mode but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it, I've tried -w but that didn't work so I'm out of ideas Razz
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 am

The only way I could get Windowed Mode to work was by using a Virtual Machine called VirtualBox, it's 100% Free, all you need is a Retail "Legal" .iso copy of Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 and then just use the VM for Aranock online.

PS: Virtual Machines also remove all ability to use 3D Acceleration (You can turn it on if you want but by default it doesn't work) so the "Lag" caused by Hardware Acceleration isn't present.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 am

I had been using a program called d3dwindows until recently.

It worked bueatifully in windows mode until my virus scanner decided that it was doing things that it should not be doing and now I no longer have it Sad

Pity.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:12 am

Oh VirtualBox works well. Nice pickup.

Hope Virus Scanner doesn't put this one in the naughty box too.

The original Astonia client appears to at least have the start of the capability of running in windows mode but I am not sure if it was ever fully implemented and I have not really been looking very hard to try and do it.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 pm

From what I remember back in the days of MoA people wanted Windowed Mode but the game never made it far enough to get it, however Windowed mode was one of the launch features of Version 3 Razz

Quick Question about Windowed Mode 2r7rh9g

PS: No Crashes, Lag, Skipping, Graphical Errors, etc while using Virtual Box with Windows XP SP3 with 0% Hardware Acceleration (running on just my Memory).
PPS: I Also just upgraded to Windows 7 at the same time I did that, I like the change, if you upgrade to Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate you can just use the XP Compatibility mode to play Aranock in Windowed I imagine.
Back to top Go down
AmunRa

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Hmm I installed Virtualbox (xp sp3 VM on windows 7 host) and got the game running, however the game client always crashes after about a minute
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Hope your not expecting a reply from cody, he was banned from the game and the forum if my memory serves me right. Hopefully somone else ca help you with this problem.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:46 am

I run VirtualBox as XP Client on two machines, one with XP and one with Vista. Both run fine although the XP machine is a bit ancient.

I have not had the joy of Windows 7 yet.

Maybe you need to run in compatibility mode or something similar.

Do you get any error messages of just dies?

In early days I did have problems with getting kicked due to network card set up under VirtualBox. I fixed this by making sure it was a Bridged Network - not whatever the other (and default) choice was. It also fixed a few other network problems I had been observing, not just in Aranock.
Back to top Go down
Sooper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:54 pm

im on vista home premium atm and i use D3DWindower English version. and it works wonderfuly.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:33 am

A word of caution on D3DWindow (non English version). It appeared to work fine for some time but then it became aquainted with my Virus Scanner and it dissolved in a cloud of smoke with loads of nasty Trojan words used.
Back to top Go down
Sooper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Ouch that sucks. thankfuly no such thing has happened with me yet. so far its working beautifuly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about Windowed Mode   Quick Question about Windowed Mode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Question about Windowed Mode
Page 1 of 1