Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server restore compensation

Go down 
+13
Bill
Motoko
Oldhaus
legacy
bubblecathie
Limitless
Wind
Diablo
Supaguard
Cicgur
Ouaco
Grub
Lazywarrior
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should compensation be offered where the server has to be restored to an older backup
Yes - give back what ever the player said they lost
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap30%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
Yes - give back the experience the player said they lost but no items
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap22%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Yes - give back some exp or luck in partial compensation for anyone who said they lost something
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap0%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes - give back anything the player can prove they list (screenshots etc)
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap4%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Yes - give back a token amount of exp but not huge amounts
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap0%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes - give back only what can be proven from the logs
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap13%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
No - this is a development game and crashes are part of the risk we take
Server restore compensation I_vote_lcap30%Server restore compensation I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server restore compensation Empty
PostSubject: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:06 am

This poll applies only for the most recent crash which involved a restore to a previous version.

It does not apply to a minor crash where the server is just restarted.  That is a maximum of 0-59 minutes losses and is just a part of the risk you take.

Note that the current policy is not to give compensation of any sort - that policy is what is at question.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 am

Please add your name and details if you think you lost something in the recent crash.

Name:
Exp lost:
Luck lost:
Items lost:
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 am

Name: Nyandere
Exp lost: 400k
Luck lost: Whatever moto gave me from LQ, I forgot how much.
Items lost: Nothing
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:12 am

Name: Zidane
Rank: was Brig now Col (had just ranked to brig before i got offline)
Exp lost: Just under 1 Mill
Luck Lost: what ever moto gave in LQ
Back to top Go down
legacy

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:15 am

Name: Legacy
Exp lost: 250k
Luck lost: 2000
Items lost: Quest items that I've already spent a couple of hours getting back.
Back to top Go down
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:19 am

Name: Grub
Exp lost: About 150k (went from MSg down to Corporal)
Luck lost: Whatever Moto gave in LQ
Items lost: Only thing of note was silver+red belt, but have that back already
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:20 am

Name: Lissa
Exp lost: 300k from Motos LQ reward plus 100k from other.
Luck lost: don't know how much moto gave me from LQ I know he gave me some after I was saved
Items lost: 3 pieces of SS bless gear (GC SS piece has been recuperated thanks to Atoal). I wouldn't expect SS gear to be recreated, just exp in compensation.

My partners character:

Name: Videl
Exp lost: 200k from motos LQ reward and 50k from killing things during the LQ including FKS
Luck lost: Luck was also given as a reward from moto after LQ but don't know how much
Items lost: none.

Last edited by Oldhaus on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:46 am

Name:Ashelia
Exp lost:around 1mil
Luck lost:0
Items lost:Nothing

Name:Ayumi
Exp lost:0
Luck lost:around 15k from RD luck scrolls
Items lost:3 agi scrolls(traded with Limitless), and crafted stuff/godly armor but that'd be annoying for LL to replace so nvm

Last edited by Wind on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ouaco

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 7:39 am

Stump
Earl
500000 xp
whatever Moto gave me
none
Back to top Go down
Limitless

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 7:41 am

Name:Limitless
Exp lost:roughly 600k on gmoon
Luck lost:0
Items lost:2 int 2 wis (not sure exactly which it was but 4 total)
3 from Ayumi 1 from Supaguard (traded him 3 gpots for it)

To be honest, I still think it should be dust under the rug.

Last edited by Limitless on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comments)
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 am

Name: Death
Exp lost: 1500000
Luck lost: Whatever motoko gave
Items lost: Godly tit helm of gods +5, godly tit armor of gods +5 (not a priority to be honest)

Name: Cosruni
Exp lost: 1000000
Luck lost: Whatever Motoko gave
Items lost: Nothing that wasnt replaced
Back to top Go down
Cicgur

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Name:Cicgurnm
Exp lost:I think around 210k
Luck lost:Whatever Moto gave during the LQ
Items lost:0
Back to top Go down
Supaguard

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Name: Supaguard
Exp lost: 3000000
Luck lost: Whatever Motoko gave in LQ
Items lost: None
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:17 pm

I don't think I understand the first post.
The rollback is 0-59minutes? Meaning you only lost MAX 59minutes of data?

How are people claiming 3million exp in 59minutes?

Check logs IMO
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 pm

amanar wrote:
I don't think I understand the first post.
The rollback is 0-59minutes? Meaning you only lost MAX 59minutes of data?

How are people claiming 3million exp in 59minutes?

Check logs IMO

The roll back was over 10 hours.
Back to top Go down
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:19 pm

Name: Botar
Exp lost: ~1 mil
Luck lost: ?
Items lost: none
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Pretty sure the roll back was almost 24 hours
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Can't you just host another LQ?
Back to top Go down
Diablo

PostSubject: I agree on LQ   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 12:02 am

I would agree on LQ. Host another. Put some decent exp prizes(vary on rank of participant). This way people can actually have a fair chance. Just in case anyone might be overextending the amount they made. Easy solution and still gives an opportunity to get back some exp. Items and luck are another thing.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 12:09 am

I agree with the LQ Idea, I even thought of this idea and shared it with Zidane yesterday.

Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 12:43 am

Diablo wrote:
I would agree on LQ. Host another. Put some decent exp prizes(vary on rank of participant). This way people can actually have a fair chance. Just in case anyone might be overextending the amount they made. Easy solution and still gives an opportunity to get back some exp. Items and luck are another thing.

I am going to say this. I want lqs, but how will this happen? Will every player who lost progress be online to participate? Will only a few be advantaged? The risk of people overextending is minimal compared to the frustration especially when you know what caused the crash (from what Ive heard at least).

If the admin offers compensation, why not accept it? While looking at the amounts, it seems in line with what each rank could potentially get in the time frame.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 12:55 am

Oldhaus wrote:
I agree with the LQ Idea, I even thought of this idea and shared it with Zidane yesterday.

Edit: LQ bad idea, not everyone will be on at the same time. Some might miss out. Scrap this idea immediately lol.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 3:40 am

a fun idea, but a lot of people would miss out unfortunately :,(
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:13 am

How about after a Roll Back or if the servers been down for a while have a 12 hour period that starts for each character when the log in where you get 50-100% more exp!
Back to top Go down
Limitless

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:32 am

Zidane wrote:
How about after a Roll Back or if the servers been down for a while have a 12 hour period that starts for each character when the log in where you get 50-100% more exp!

I think we are all missing the reason we even play this game. The grind is what keeps us coming back for more. Once we hit warlord people will complain there is nothing to do and want more content put in.

History always repeats itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server restore compensation   Server restore compensation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server restore compensation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next