Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server down.

Go down 
+4
Twinsix
Lordlava
Daddyonine
Motoko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Server down. NY5OJpO

Highly distraught about this to say the least!
I was really looking forward to a nice temple sitting session Sad
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 pm

thank god i thought it was my computer tarding out
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:04 pm

It is back up again.
If the people who were online at the time can recall doing anything just before the crash please let me know
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:07 pm

I was just hanging out in the staffer corner. Justinian, Rebel, and Getwreckkid were also online at the time I believe.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:53 am

I was in U2, blasting away some gwarriors. I doubt it had anything to do with the crash, unless a buggy item was spawned in one of the gwarrior graves.
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 am

i still cant log in properly i get a black screen then the game minimizes almost instantly
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 am

I am home now and no problems logging in.
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:54 am

ok ill have to recheck my end then
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Down again. I was walking and spelling Chippidu at the moment it crashed.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Not ordinarily one to complain about crashes, but i was literally 1 square away from prison chest lol.

Justinian can confirm i was in the final room as he was just about to hit portal.

Staffers /who should show i was at the prison end with the sorcs temps warrs and the AT in the end little room (whichever end this is called).

The holy grail of crashes lol. Pretty sure i may have even been leaning into the chest.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:33 pm

#raging
Back to top Go down

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Was meditating my mana right next to prison end portal oh man  Sad Sad 
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:06 pm

got shot out of lab =(
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 pm

having a look.
It will be back up soon.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:17 pm

OK this is more serious - segmentation fault.
The data files are corrupted.

I am copying to test (so I can debug it) and then going to restore to the last backup.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 pm

The game is back up.

I had to restore it back to 6PM 1 March backup so some of the very last period may be lost.

I will restore the corrupted file back to the testserver to see if I can find the bug.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:53 am

Hooray i only lost like 600000 experience.......................................................

/wrists
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:09 am

Initial indications are that the segmentation fault was caused by something going wrong when a player killed a Prison Barbarian in The Lake section of the prison.
The Barbarion died from poisoning and, somewhere in the do_char_killed routine, an addressing exception happened (working hypothesis).

There are 744 lines of code in this routine, not counting all the sub-routines also called from here.

Debugging at it's finest.

Just to be clear, it does not appear to be any indication that the player did anything deliberately to cause this.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:55 pm

I poisoned a prison barbarian seconds before the crash...

Wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary for the crash to happen tho.
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:13 am

servers down again rough
Back to top Go down
Johndave

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:47 am

It was only down for approx 2 minutes, but I was getting worried after 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down.   Server down. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server down.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Technical-
Jump to: