Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looks like the server is down

Go down 
+2
Fazza
Motoko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Looks like the server is down Empty
PostSubject: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Ruh roh.

Serves me right for trying to log in at 2 am.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 am

Motoko wrote:
Ruh roh.

Serves me right for trying to log in at 2 am.
I can concur. Server is currently unreachable.
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:29 am

server has a segmentation fault, we will have to wait for LordLava to come and save us as I cant fix it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:45 am

Cheers for the update Ody cheers 
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 am

Its up everyone!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 am

Ok this is a major fault and will take a considerable amount of time to track down, debug and fix.Sad 
I have had restore the game (rollback) to the backup at 12:01am on 9 October as the two backups after that both failed with the same segmentation fault. It maybe that the last one was just a backup of the already corrupted files.
It would appear that some item or character is corrupted but to track down which one is a major debugging exercise.

I have taken a copy of the final files at the state of the crash and will proceed to try and itentify the faulty data over the next couple of days.

My apologies for the roll back but I figured it was better to do that and get the game up than to shut the game for a couple of days while I debugged it.
Back to top Go down
altair

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 am

Just the post I was looking for. I noticed the rollback on one of my characters, Reltar. He was 1st sarg rolled back to mst sarg harakim.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:43 pm

we apologise wholeheartedly to all those who loose out on this mini rollback. I'm sure I can coarse my Imps into holding some events so players can catch up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 am

The cause of the crash was a bit of code trying to map outside the map boundaries and causing an addressing exception.

This is old code that never checked if the map address was valid.
I have no way of knowing if this has caused unresolved crashes in the past.

The code has been modified to trap for invalid map addresses and report an arror with a soft fail.

I am still tracing what caused the NPC to have an invalid map address but hopefully that will not cause anymore problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 8:09 am

I remember long ago myself as well as lockrim had the same issue. There is a boundary that you can not place anything in or the server will keep crashing. Once you have found the line your golden. Good job on getting that taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like the server is down   Looks like the server is down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like the server is down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Technical-
Jump to: