Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

/switch command

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

/switch command Empty
PostSubject: /switch command   /switch command Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:57 am

A new command /switch <N> has been added.

If item is carried on the mouse then it sets the switch group number on the item to N.
If no item is carried then it tries to wear any item with that specific switch number.
If more than one piece (e.g helm) has the same switch number then it will substitute the first one found into that slot.

A number of different options were reviewed and the following was selected.
Option with integer bit flags
N is limited to the number of bits in an integer = 16 switch groups (numbered 0-15).
An item can belong to multiple groups at the same time.
What this means if that if you happen to have a Godly Lion Helm then you may want it to be in your Bless, Protect and Enhance groups (1,2,3) whilst your Godly Bear Helm may be in your combat group (4),

The F12 switch command was disabled.
It could be left but it becomes more problematic to use with many groups available.
Note that the /switch command can be programmed into hot keys if your keyboard supports this.

ID spell was modified to show the groups.

My understanding is that some people have raised concerns regarding the disabling of the F12 function.
It can be easily re-enabled but I am not sure what it would do as there are up to 16 groups to select from.
Back to top Go down
Offended

/switch command Empty
PostSubject: Re: /switch command   /switch command Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 am

Can you shorten the commands for ease of using, please?

/s1
/s2
etc?
Back to top Go down
Ketchup

Ketchup

/switch command Empty
PostSubject: Re: /switch command   /switch command Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:39 am

/sw 1 etc works if that helps ; p
Back to top Go down
Offended

/switch command Empty
PostSubject: Re: /switch command   /switch command Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 12:33 pm

No, still too many keystrokes.

Would be really nice if you could type the command with your left hand leaving your right hand free for spelling yourself but I don't know how that would be done since "/" is typed with the right hand.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

/switch command Empty
PostSubject: Re: /switch command   /switch command Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 5:22 am

You can use a programmable keyboard if that helps.

/s may not be a good idea. Generally we try to avoid single letter commands as they are easily confused and can be inadvertently executed with unpleasant consequences. Especially so if they are active commands as opposed to information or communication commands.

For example you thought u were going to type /shout and instead you typed /s and switched your armour to your fragile ss bless set, just before the gargs smashed you and the damaged pieces disappeared in a pile of dust, gone forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

/switch command Empty
PostSubject: Re: /switch command   /switch command Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

/switch command
Page 1 of 1