Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God_create_item error on unique weapons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Martyr

God_create_item error on unique weapons Empty
PostSubject: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 pm

I am trying to transfer 2 uniques between alts using the trader/trading post. I was able to list them ok, but when I try and purchase them on my main character I get a "god_create_item failed on template xxx" error.

The items in question are Gorn's Crystal Sword and Purple One's Crystal Sword. They are currently on the trading post for 100g each! but I only posted them temporarily to transfer between alts.

I am trying to get them onto Martyr... with the intention of selling them, if anybody's interested!

Is it possible that this could get looked into and the swords transferred onto Martyr.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:46 am

i suggest using the /transfer command which allows the item to be sent to a character who has the same IP as you.
Back to top Go down
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 am

I wonder if that also has the same bug when you try and transfer a unique?... however I cannot recover the items now to try!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 2:25 pm

We had this problem before.

The trading post stores items that have a template as a template number only not an item.
The trading post stores items that do not have a template (special armours, ss items etc) as an item.

Unique items have a template and therefore are stored as a template only (there is no longer an item).

Uniques are recreated when the item no longer exists in the game.
Therein lies the problem.

Once you added the uniques to the trading post, it deleted the item and the game has probably recreated the item on some NPC or in a chest.

I suspect the only way to recover from this is to find the recreated unique and delete it and then pull it out of the trading post quickly before it is recreated again.
Back to top Go down
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I have looked into this further myself and discovered several key points:

• I cannot manually recreate the sword in a chest (error of the chest is empty...)
  • I cannot manually recreate the sword on a NPC (error of the NPC failing to spawn correctly - wisp of smoke appears but NPC doesn't)
  • The sword has not be auto-recreated either on a NPC or in a chest by the game, presumably due to the two above conditions failing
  • Once added to the trading post I am unable to remove the sword using the alt that added it (or buy it on either that alt or another character)
  • The /transfer command works perfectly to transfer unique swords, however it is too late for me in this case...

Note that I can create another un-claimed unique sword correctly in both a chest or on a NPC, so the reason for failing appears to be because some record of the sword is still held on the trading post, however I am unable to either buy or remove the item from the trading post in order to move forwards.

Any advice on how to proceed?
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Cry
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 am

*waves magic wand and fixes the problem.

Try now.
Back to top Go down
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Thank you very much Lava!

And now we can trade unique weapons properly using the trading post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God_create_item error on unique weapons   God_create_item error on unique weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God_create_item error on unique weapons
Page 1 of 1