Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unique (godly) weapons and armours

Go down 
+9
Andy
smasher
Dinin
Salle
ultraman
flipper
Redman
Elffin
Lordlava
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should all unique items be time limited
I do not have a unique item and they should expire after set time
Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_lcap13%Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
I do not have a unique item and they should remain permanent
Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_lcap50%Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
I have a unique item and they should expire after set time
Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_lcap0%Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I have a unique item and they should remain permanent
Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_lcap25%Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
I have more than one unique item and they should expire after set time
Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_lcap12%Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
I have more than one unique item and they should remain permanent
Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_lcap0%Unique (godly) weapons and armours I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't care
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Unique (godly) weapons and armours Empty
PostSubject: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:22 am

The issue of having and hording unique (godly) items has raged for a great many years.

Some people have found and bought uniques over the years and stored them on alts or in clan halls.

Is this part and parcel of the game or should it be stopped.
Technically players are not supposed to have more than one but some hide them on alts of in clan halls to get around this restriction.

This poll is to guage the palyer base response.

The proposal would be to put a time limit on how long a unique item would last and then it would be auto deleted.
The value then becomes being in the use of it and there is little or no value in hording.

Have your say and exercose your vote.

Last edited by Lordlava on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Elffin

Elffin

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:56 am

I dont have a godly weapon any more, but i think you should be able to have one weapon, and if your lucky enough to get pieces like the fire suit u should be allowed to keep those too, after all it is supposed to be a set.

Elf
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:55 am

Rules wrote:
13. UNIQUE WEAPONS

In order to ensure the game is fair, and all players have a chance at getting a unique item. We have restricted the number of uniques a player can own. The current limit is 2 per person not per character.

Storing uniques in clan halls or on the ground elsewhere is strictly forbidden. All uniques found in these areas will be re-distributed into the game without any warning.

The rules allow up to 2 per person (not per character) AND they aren't allowed to be stored in clan hall/ground. We could always just enforce the current rule.

I don't think there needs to be a time limit on these items as long as the player is active.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 am

I think that as long as there is a usage of them they should never expire. Some have paid handsomely for items.

I am not sure how feasible it would be but have a check of:
a) how active a character is over x amount of time. = AP

if AP > limit1 then

check if item is carried over a certain amount of time relative to activity = IP

if IP > limit 2 then item is kept.

If either of these test fails then the item is lost.

Random number(1-28) generates the Aranockian day that this is checked.

so perhaps we have the check go back 2 years. and have activity set to 2%
The character needs to have played a minimum of 350 hours over that time period. (averages 1/2 hour per day). perhaps put a check to see how many of those hours are consecutive hours.
If the character did not play then Uniques are removed.
if they did then the game checks to to see how much it is worn over the past 60 days (2 months - 1/6 of a year)? 25%
this would equal the item needing to be worn an average of 8 minutes per day

This set up, as I see it, a)insures that a character is not just a depot character. The consecutive hour check would help weed out long term AFKs. b) the usage check makes sure that the item is being put to good use (Or at least isn't just collecting dust somewhere).
There would also need to be a new grace period allowed as well.

This would require additional record keeping from the game and in theory it could easily be by passed by those willing to put forth some effort. Would the cost of coding and dealing with those that lost some something due to expiry outweigh the cost of the effort a player would put forward just to keep a unique?

BTW I wasn't able to vote on this. But my vote is: I do not have a unique item and they should expire after set time.
But usage overides the set time.

Back to top Go down
ultraman

ultraman

PostSubject: It's possible   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:43 pm

It's possible to obtain rare items. just this week i found a dagger of the purple one in a grave while working the random dungeon. It took months to get one, but I guess that's why they care them rare. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Salle

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:37 pm

I dont remember which server it was on but well just after v2 shut down and a heapload of servers started up atleast one of em had a max 2 unique items / player (not character) rule. I think that's pretty decent Smile
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 am

we have a similar rule thats not enforced. i know for a fact venix owns several uniques, more then the rule allows. he has the shadow helm as alot of ppl know and has had it for years along with other unique items and logs on once in a blue moon to refresh his characters and keep his uniques, he has never been punished to my knowledge. If venix and other unique hoarders like him are actually punished by returning some of their uniques into the game i think people would have more chance of getting their hands on one.
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Dinin wrote:
we have a similar rule thats not enforced. i know for a fact venix owns several uniques, more then the rule allows. he has the shadow helm as alot of ppl know and has had it for years along with other unique items and logs on once in a blue moon to refresh his characters and keep his uniques, he has never been punished to my knowledge. If venix and other unique hoarders like him are actually punished by returning some of their uniques into the game i think people would have more chance of getting their hands on one.

I agree with this...
I like the idea of a timeframe/wear and tear meter for inactiveness or lack of use of uniques
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Dibs/shotgun/baggsie shadow helm, YOU ALL SAW IT HERE 1ST!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Andy wrote:
Dibs/shotgun/baggsie shadow helm, YOU ALL SAW IT HERE 1ST!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Il fight you for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm

http://beastwith.in/1999/03/07/international-dibs-rulebook/

The same terms but for an item, not someone haha
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Andy wrote:

LOL....I thought of this too.
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Andy wrote:

In that case.... Please note....

Article 2

Dibs may only be called if the enactor (“the Caller”) has seen the Target in person. (photographs, digital images, etc. do not count). Dibs can only be called when the Caller is in line-of-sight (LOS) of the Target; Dibs cannot not be made if the Caller has already departed the Target’s location.

What say you Very Happy Basketball
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:08 pm

So since the shadow helm is a "digital image" does that mean that dibs can never be called on it? affraid
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 pm

i believe that this is indeed the case Very Happy

therefore i hereby repeat my previous statement....

Fight you for it
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 pm

I want in on the fight!!
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm

oooo at this rate there could be a massive tournament going down for the shadow helm Very Happy
bounce bounce bounce drunken pale
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Maybe a big combat arena for it. Last character standing gets it.
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 pm

hmmmm.... prizes for runners up? perhaps a 2nd and 3rd place prize like a dpot and a flower lol

Edit: Saying that i'd like to work out how to use the combat command Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:16 pm

See me in game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Venom

PostSubject: Hi   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:29 am

Well actually I have been trying to resolve the issues I keep getting trying to run Aranock on a Mac.

I check on the forums pretty regularly, but it only ever seems to be the same people moaning about, or saying the same things.

I do plan on playing again though, so no need to speak about me like I am dead - I am not, I just have a mac and a business to run!

A bunch of other cool stuff I actually loaned out to friends anyway.
Back to top Go down
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 am

Further to that,

I have offered to fund this game, or contribute mine, or my employees time in creating new things for it, so again I reiterate my opinion that I am not something parasitic! Granted I haven't been about much, but that will change.

It would also be nice if people were more sociable, when I come on I can observe hours without any conversations in shouts, or any real "community".

There are swathes of this forum which are almost totally dead too, I would rather we discussed the fate of the game, rather than a couple of people stamping their feet over a helm.

A shame for sure.
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:15 am

It's only quiet in the middle of the night.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Rush wrote:
It's only quiet in the middle of the night.
This is true.

Generally, if you get on when there's a number of other players on and start a conversation in shouts, it will continue. If you just log on, don't see anyone shouting, and log off, you're not contributing to discussion either - why would you expect others to?

Anyways, before anything is changed, enforce the existing rules. THEN consider changes if those aren't effective. There are coding ways to check for current rule violators.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 am

Well I think this topic has gone as far as it can go usefully.

At the moment there does not appear to be much support (from those who participated) to make the current uniques time limited so (for the moment) the status quo will remain.

Note that any new uniques added may well have time limitations added like the ice armour stuff.

I suspect we have been a bit lax on the Uniques Rule in the game.
Quote :
13. UNIQUE WEAPONS

In order to ensure the game is fair, and all players have a chance at getting a unique item. We have restricted the number of uniques a player can own. The current limit is 2 per person not per character.

Storing uniques in clan halls or on the ground elsewhere is strictly forbidden. All uniques found in these areas will be re-distributed into the game without any warning.

Now it just so happens that I can see where all the uniques are and we will need to start looking more closely at this rule and enforcing it.

CAUTION: If you have a number of players who share the same IP and between you, you have more than 2 uniques, then let us know immeditately as multiple uniques are likely to be trimmed shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unique (godly) weapons and armours
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next