Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unique (godly) weapons and armours

Go down 
+9
Andy
smasher
Dinin
Salle
ultraman
flipper
Redman
Elffin
Lordlava
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should all unique items be time limited
I do not have a unique item and they should expire after set time
Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
I do not have a unique item and they should remain permanent
Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
I have a unique item and they should expire after set time
Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I have a unique item and they should remain permanent
Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
I have more than one unique item and they should expire after set time
Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
I have more than one unique item and they should remain permanent
Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't care
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Redman

Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:00 pm

To make things clear, is there a certain cutoff date that is going to be used for when the rule will start being enforced? Maybe players should be in compliance by October 1?
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 pm

But I believe that under that article it refers to seeing a picture of that object, whereas if you see the actually object in code then that article does not have any say as you are dibsing the code rather than the picture. And with that being the case, I'll enact the Hot Dibs amendment, so Razz
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:20 am

Redman wrote:
To make things clear, is there a certain cutoff date that is going to be used for when the rule will start being enforced? Maybe players should be in compliance by October 1?

As a member of staff, why aren't you already enforcing it? It should already be enforced. No cutoff date. At any point in time, log on and check. If someone's breaking the rule, apply the proper fix. Immediately. The rule has been on the books long enough that everyone should know it.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:24 am

Abyss wrote:
Redman wrote:

As a member of staff, why aren't you already enforcing it? It should already be enforced. No cutoff date. At any point in time, log on and check. If someone's breaking the rule, apply the proper fix. Immediately. The rule has been on the books long enough that everyone should know it.

Only gods and imps can locate/remove/retrieve/reset uniques and i suspect there have just been more pressing matters and it slipped out of mind.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:31 am

Dinin wrote:
Abyss wrote:
Redman wrote:

Only gods and imps can locate/remove/retrieve/reset uniques and i suspect there have just been more pressing matters and it slipped out of mind.

And that's a problem which I hope will be addressed. We can't fix the past, but LL said it's going to be enforced now, so it bothers me that a staff member is asking for the users to have some time to comply with a rule that's been in place since before I started again. If it's acceptable to ignore a rule because admin aren't enforcing it, then why was the rule on the books? That behavior should not be rewarded.

The most troublesome part is the way that a staff member asked implies that he may have been ignoring the rule himself. Note that I am not saying he was breaking the rule, I have no way of knowing, but the question itself seemed to hint at it. That would be absolute admin corruption and should not be tolerated by the other admin, by any staff at all, or by any of the players. Admin ignoring the rules they set has brought down many servers over the years, and only seeks to fuel power hunger and make servers less fun.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 am

Idk if there is any bad blood between you and redman or not but it seems like your gunning for him to get kicked off staff. To draw parallels im going to compare staff on a video game to police. Are either position above the laws they enforce? no. If a staff member/officer is found to be corrupt and breaking the law they are usually punished the same as a normal civilian or player. for example a cop will not get kicked off the force for speeding, hell get a ticket like everyone else. The exception comes when the offense committed is serious enough to warrant dismissal as well as the usual punishment. I would expect any staff member found to have too many uniques would have them taken away (until they are in compliance or all of them...not sure since ive never heard of anyone being punished for this rule) and warned. If it was more serious corruption i could see dismissal as an option, but in this case i dont see that being the punishment and I think you have some bad blood with redman. I think this topic has got way off topic and like ll said, has been about as productive as it can be and I hope someone on staff locks this topic before it gets more unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:48 am

Dinin wrote:
Idk if there is any bad blood between you and redman or not but it seems like your gunning for him to get kicked off staff. To draw parallels im going to compare staff on a video game to police. Are either position above the laws they enforce? no. If a staff member/officer is found to be corrupt and breaking the law they are usually punished the same as a normal civilian or player. for example a cop will not get kicked off the force for speeding, hell get a ticket like everyone else. The exception comes when the offense committed is serious enough to warrant dismissal as well as the usual punishment. I would expect any staff member found to have too many uniques would have them taken away (until they are in compliance or all of them...not sure since ive never heard of anyone being punished for this rule) and warned. If it was more serious corruption i could see dismissal as an option, but in this case i dont see that being the punishment and I think you have some bad blood with redman. I think this topic has got way off topic and like ll said, has been about as productive as it can be and I hope someone on staff locks this topic before it gets more unprofessional.

Re-read what I said. There is no bad blood between me and him, nor did I say he DID have multiple uniques, just that his post seemed like he was more trying to protect himself. He may have been asking for clarification for the rest of the community, since LL did seem to imply some sort of waiting period as well. I am not accusing him, only pointing out that the question was ridiculous because the rule has been on the books for so long. Please don't put words in my mouth, 'specially when I specifically said in my post otherwise.

But I don't care how the law works. It's silly that a cop could break the law and still be considered able to do his job. In a small community such as this, with a small number of active staff, the staff should ALWAYS be obeying the rules they have to enforce. If they ignore the rules themselves, why should they be trusted to enforce them? A community such as ours should strive to be better than standard community laws and practices.

Any staff members ignoring rules for themselves and enforcing them on others is corrupt. Such behavior in such a small community and game will ruin it for everyone. My position is so strongly held because I've witnessed small corruption like this and it hints at bigger issues than just someone hoarding uniques. It *always* ends up in a server becoming less enjoyable for the players.

Also, my conversation has not been unprofessional in the least. I expressed my opinions professionally, in the interest of the server and players in the server. The only unprofessionalism has been your accusation - which I accept as cautious skepticism.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 am

I'm just wondering how we, as staff, were meant to enforce this rule if we cant see who has the uniques?

I'm sure Redman was only asking about this date to allow players who might still be on holiday/moving for uni/etc can have a day or two minimum to sell off the uniques they want less that are exceeding the 2 per IP/person. If there was another motive then we'll find out if he starts selling multiple uniques
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 am

Sigh!

End of topic.

I will search and destroy as soon as I have some time.

In reality, only the gods are able to find and destroy the items on players.
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:00 pm

I feel loved. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique (godly) weapons and armours   Unique (godly) weapons and armours - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unique (godly) weapons and armours
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2