Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aranock's Town

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kane

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 2:16 am

Ok so this may or may not be game related discussion but, how do you imagine the roof to be on all these buildings?

I started playing minecraft and im going to recreate the entire town of aranock in minecraft. Since no one will get it outside of these forums, im also gonna post progress/pictures of the build as it goes on.

Maybe you guys can give me advice as I go along so the most accurate replica of aranock can be built.
Back to top Go down
Rush

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Silly Kane, Aranock doesn't believe in roofs
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:32 am

My guess would be, that it wouldnt be too different from older houses today.

heres a picture of a 12th century castle chapel;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Skipton_Castle_dg8.JPG

and heres Oliver Cromwell's house which is dated as far back as 1215;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Oliver_Cromwell_House_Ely.jpg

All in all, pretty much any roof you could think of would work so long as it has a medieval feel to it I would suspect Wink

Goodluck with your project
Back to top Go down
Kane

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Temple of skua 40% done. Im not sure this is turning out right :/ So limited with MC blocks.

Aranock's Town NIKWu1m
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 3:11 am

it looks fine mate.

Dont forget you can also use texture packs to get closer to what you envision.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 6:31 am

You should apply your time to something more useful... this will take you ages lol

but whatever, do what makes you happy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aranock's Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranock's Town   Aranock's Town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aranock's Town
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: