Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shields

Go down 
+2
Lordlava
Iktomi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Iktomi

Iktomi

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Okay a couple things I've noticed:
Did you know that NO race can equip the Noble Shield? 120str/agil and 90shield are the requirements, too bad AT's only get 60 base and Warriors only get 90.
Did you know that a +11 strength Noble Shield requires the same amount of base strength as a +0 strength Noble shield (120)?
Did you know that occasionally when making a Noble Shield with 11 power you may only get a +1 addition to it?
Noble Shields are troublesome for a couple reason but what are the real odds of getting a shield that the least variation in skills exists? It would almost be nice to see a way to make it so I don't waste 156g per guide to make 20 shields that no one can use.
Oh, the shield blanks show they can stack but when you try they don't combine.
Back to top Go down

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 pm

So this is what a Craft Addict looks like.

Remember kids, just say no to crafting!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 am

Sorry.
The shield blanks needed two flags set - not one.
IF_STACKABLE.
IF_USE.

The 3 shield blanks are now stackable.

The logic to allocate points to profession items is (almost) identical to the soulstone logic (given that it was copied).
If your skill level should allocate 11 points then it should always allocate exactly 11 points, randomly scattered amongst the available skills.

It can allocate points to hp and mana but these do not have prerequisite min levels like the skills do.
If this does not explain it then let me have a look at the items to see what happened.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 am

Ok the str thing was a bug.  alien 
Not so easy to see but easy to fix.
Well spotted. Shocked 

Bug squashed.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Hmmm... LL I found more shields that had weird things going on. Check the shield next to the note in Elysium.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 pm

When I was fixing the str bug I noticed some commented out code that I added back in.
It allows stats for armour value and weapon value to be modded as well.
There are no min stats for AV or WV.

If this is likely to cause a problem then I can easily remove it again.

Possibly open to abuse at lower ranks ...
Back to top Go down
Chippi

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 9:49 am

Not really sure if it was apparent in the first post but why are temps only given 60 base shield. I'd think as defense is basically all an AT has since we hit like wet noodles we'd get at least 90 base shield so we could equip the best shield
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 am

Chippi wrote:
Not really sure if it was apparent in the first post but why are temps only given 60 base shield.  I'd think as defense is basically all an AT has since we hit like wet noodles we'd get at least 90 base shield so we could equip the best shield

Already the largest tank in the game by a landslide, nothing comes close, you dont need shield.

60 max is fine.

It's not like armor value does anything anyway really, and neither does regenerate which is what shields provide as a skill. Imo shield is useless because armor value is useless.

A templar can pent without protection on and basically not even see a difference.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:15 pm

I think you might be a little off base here Motoko. Firstly, I think necro actually has the higher ability for av.
Secondly, the largest shield in the game requires higher then 60 base. Templars in ideal should be the ones with the highest shield base. Would adjusting the max base from 60-90 do anything? No, raising shield stat has no impact or mod on anything besides what shield you can use. And seeing how the highest shield in the game also requires 120 strength and agility it makes sense.
How many Templars would switch or actually use a shield as a main, I think few to none. You're right shield isn't an effective way to get av. Using just a plain sword makes gargoyles and grolms die of laughter before they would from a sword attack. I think there are many changes that can be done in game to make shields a more viable weapon, but the fact of the matter is they're low on the priority list.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Iktomi wrote:
I think you might be a little off base here Motoko. Firstly, I think necro actually has the higher ability for av.
Secondly, the largest shield in the game requires higher then 60 base. Templars in ideal should be the ones with the highest shield base. Would adjusting the max base from 60-90 do anything? No, raising shield stat has no impact or mod on anything besides what shield you can use. And seeing how the highest shield in the game also requires 120 strength and agility it makes sense.
How many Templars would switch or actually use a shield as a main, I think few to none. You're right shield isn't an effective way to get av. Using just a plain sword makes gargoyles and grolms die of laughter before they would from a sword attack. I think there are many changes that can be done in game to make shields a more viable weapon, but the fact of the matter is they're low on the priority list.

I said templar is the best tank in the game, not the highest AV. They will easily get 255 weapon skill and have the highest resistance and immunity, combined with harden they will die a lot slower than a necromancer.

There is no reason for a templar to want more armor value.

Armor value is a useless stat, as is regenerate, thus shield is useless.

The only situation i see shield being useful is on a warrior in VERY few situations where they don't need to kill anything, just survive (Such as prison stun runs)

Even then you don't really need a shield, it''s just a luxury for the extra AV which makes blasts hit 2% less hard.

Change it from regenerate to something useful (such as immunity, but the value would have to be much less else it would be overpowered) and the problem is solved, then you can make AT be able to use whatever shield and maybe theyl actually bother, but even then it would be probably in very few situations.

Or make shield somehow unlock the spell block ability which we discussed in another thread.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:30 am

Maybe I have missed the point but I did not think shields were aimed at ATs, given that they primarily use two handed weapons.

Sorcs, some Warriors and Haras are far more likely to value the extra AV and maybe the extra hp/end/mana regeneration.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 am

Lordlava wrote:
Maybe I have missed the point but I did not think shields were aimed at ATs, given that they primarily use two handed weapons.

Sorcs, some Warriors and Haras are far more likely to value the extra AV and maybe the extra hp/end/mana regeneration.

Shields only provide AV and regenerate, which boosts hp regeneration by a VERY small amount and is one of the most useless abilities.

No mana or end.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:05 am

Lordlava wrote:

Why is it that the best shield is not usable by anyone, especially the ones who need it the most? Shields need to be reworked so that the royal is usable by hara's or at least usable by Sorc's. This is 1 of the things that has been an issue since professions were released but quickly swept under the rug for other things, its not a hard fix just no one wants to walk up to the podium and fix what needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:49 am

My argument is more story line, it doesn't make much sense to me having a mage character wielding a massive Tower Shield. Spell books which have been mentioned before or Tomes make more sense to me from a story point of view. In a way I agree with Mokoto in the idea of changing the stat base. I personally would love to see shields reflect damage, in a way adding to the kill speed, which is what is taken away from both warriors and templars. I love the idea of a shield templar, even if I lose some kill speed.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:59 am

There is a field Gethit Damage that we can experiment with.
I have never used it in anger so I am not fully aware of how it operates or the relative power of it.
It appears to reflect some portion of the damage inflicted on you.

I am not sure if reflects the power of the attack or the amount of damage taken, that is whether high armour reduces its benefits.
The defender does not appear to need to fight back.
When i was on immortal it did not reflect any damage.

We could play with this and see how it works.

Apollo - word of caution.
If you change an existing template then any item with that template gets reset. This is especially important to note for items that are soulbound as their ownership also gets reset.
For items that have lost their template (soul stoned or BS with stats) updating the templates will have no effect.
So be aware of what you are changing and the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Martyr

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Gethit damage is currently used on the fire pieces (and probably the ice pieces too). I do not know any other item that utilises this effect.

It may currently work with the ice cloak to a small extent too.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Martyr wrote:
Gethit damage is currently used on the fire pieces (and probably the ice pieces too). I do not know any other item that utilises this effect.

It may currently work with the ice cloak to a small extent too.

Ice cloak does a "Burn" damage similar to fire pieces.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shields   Shields Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shields
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: