Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pent solve

Go down 
+7
Andy
Twinsix
Lordlava
Motoko
amanar
Dakr
Estherus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Estherus

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 am

I'm just wondering why solve can be 12 for solo penters.
Most area's have only 11 pents besides brigs. But this is the only reason why penting FM icies is slowing me down dramaticly.
There are only 11 pents there. I'd have to walk back into Mix or Barons just for that last 1 pent. But doing that costs me around 10 to get there and back agian. In mix i get swapped by all the gargs and baron i have to start comping icies in FM (which causes ALLL FM to come attack my comps which even worses the problem) to lure them into barons, cuz i cannot go there. will get stunkilled instantly. UW is only way i could maybe go, but my resistance doesnt allow it yet while FM icies is no problem.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:51 pm

I am almost positive that there is 12 pents in FDM Icies. I am not online atm to check but I am pretty sure there is 12 you are missing 1 somewhere.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:58 pm

11, just go to mixed and grab 1, its right there
Back to top Go down
Estherus

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:11 pm

i get swamped.

but it was just a question why the max solve for solo penting is 12. while most areas have a max of 11 pents.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:09 pm

This has been a known issue for years.

Not sure if anything will change, it used to be 14 max solo solve on this server.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Yes it used to be 14 and I changed it down to max of 12.
Range for solo play is now 5-12.

Could change it to 6-11 or 7-10 ....
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:41 am

This is probably just me, but I would almost rather is be 6-11 or 7-10. It is extremely annoying to have to go out of my penting area to hit the last pent for a solve.
Back to top Go down
Estherus

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 am

^
Back to top Go down
Andy

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:14 pm

I reckon 6-11 would be good, at least it allows more areas to solve instead of having to get 1+ in another area
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:16 pm

I agree. On a side note, would it really change the game that much if we just made it 5-11?
Back to top Go down
Andy

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 pm

I think 5/6-11 as majority of areas have 5-6 pents in a close(ish) proximity for a solo speed solve every once in a blue moon
Back to top Go down
Estherus

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:38 pm

It's not the goal to make pents easier and faster, that was not the point i was trying to make when writing this. It was just to adress the problem of having to leave the area to get that 1 extra pent whenever the solve is 12. Gods have to decide wether to make it 6-11 or any other option.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:56 pm

What's so terrible about leaving an area for 1 pent? It's better than leaving an area for 3, no?
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm

It is better but it's still annoying and inconvenient. I would rather have the minimum raised in order to no longer have to leave the area.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 3:56 am

Your wish is my command.
New solo pet solve is 6-11 - as of next server restart.

It is now live.

Last edited by Lordlava on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gone live)
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Thank you LL!
Back to top Go down

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Im curious to see how this will go, I have high hopes. Ty ll =D
Back to top Go down
Johndave

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:23 pm

after having pented this new system, if only for less than an hour, I don't like it. I don't understand what the big deal is to step off for 1 extra pent, once in a blue moon, it's not like you get 12's 75% of the time. 11 sucks anyways, 12 doesnt' suck that much more. On the other end, 6 sucks ALOT more than 5 because all races can speed-touch 5 alot easier and faster while fighting less, than they can 6, including templars. I would much prefer to see a poll done, lasting a week or so, to make sure that we can get as close to the entire game pop to vote on this, as I think I'm not the only one who missed this topic due to IRL issues, and was unable to comment.

I vote 5-12. If I am inclined to change my vote after penting this new system more, I will edit this post.
Back to top Go down

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 am

I think I was drunk the night I responded to this because for some reason I thought I was posting in response to solo pents as opposed to group pents, not 6-11 vs 5-12 LOL. But yeah after penting it for a little while I do like the 5-12 better.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:31 am

Sigh!

Or should it be Sob!

Last edited by Lordlava on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

I have no idea why anyone would want 6-11 instead of 5-12.

The average of both is 8.5 pents to solve, and since the solve is at 5 pents when solo, 5-12 is advantageous.

Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 pm

I liked 5-14 best
Back to top Go down
Estherus

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

i'd like to point out that the sole reason it was lowered from 12 to 11 was not to make pents solve faster, it was to get rid of the annoying places that have less then 12 pents where you had to go outside of the area just for that last pent.
It can be proven that you can get more exp if the randomness is less spread, not sure how all the terms are in english, but if the average is 8.5 it would be better if the + and - are as closer then further spread out. Also i like to say, It shouldnt be made easier to solo pent, nor should it be made harder. The game should encourage players to pent (since thats the main way to get exp in this game). Thats why 5 pent solves can happen if you are with 2 players or more. (10 solve for 2 players in pent happen).

Also unlike johnnydave said about speed penting 5's cause every class or so could do it. If you really can speed pent 5, 6 shouldnt matter that much. If you claim it is then  I see much flaw in that logic, cause those 5 speed pents imply that they could only be reached if you are near a certain part of the pents where they are all clustered together, or anywhere that you could actually pull off that trick. This happening on the exact time as having a 5speedy pent solve is so unlikely that it will hardly matter in the long run. I'm not saying it never happens, ofcourse it does happen, same as it could theoretically happen that you have 6x in a row a solve of 12.

So all these things combined, i'd still vote for keeping this change,
specially after that chat you made ingame, where it looked like the only reason you wanted 5 pent solve to stay was cause you wanted fast and easy exp. Thats not the reason why i posted in the first place
Back to top Go down

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:48 pm

The pent layout was originally setup around a 5 solve/5 cumulative setup. With every pent you add, the odds of a fast solve goes up on a bell curve due to chance of being swamped all things being equal. It comes down to which sucks more, missing a quick 5 solve or having to go -1 for 1 pent. After trying both I favor it 5-12.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:40 am

Estherus wrote:
It can be proven that you can get more exp if the randomness is less spread, not sure how all the terms are in english, but if the average is 8.5 it would be better if the + and - are as closer then further spread out.

...thats not quite true, your expected average exp stays the same, your good/bad days will just be more pronounced the higher your variance goes. Considering that pretty much all human beings are at least a tiny bit risk averse any setup with the same expected exp that will reduce the variance of the outcome should rationally be seen  as favourable. But then again who's rational? :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pent solve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pent solve   Pent solve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pent solve
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next