Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it

Go down 
+7
Thug
Solent
Andy
Dakr
Thrice
Lordlava
Motoko
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Empty
PostSubject: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:08 am

Self explanatory, PST Tomoko/Motoko.

What rank are the guys at the end? I remember the king being a FDM but i think they changed it...

anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:43 pm

From memory it was FDM and a bunch of Cols or Lt Cols.

No normal player could beat them without some assistance from the lab items.
In theory if you lived on that lab and just ranked up like mad it is possible but I have never seen it done. Possible a seyan or necro as they are not stat limited at that lab.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 am

Why was my comment deleted from here? Did Motoko delete it cos he didnt want my advice or did LL delete it because there was something wrong about how i solo lab 6? just curious.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:17 am

Thrice wrote:
Why was my comment deleted from here? Did Motoko delete it cos he didnt want my advice or did LL delete it because there was something wrong about how i solo lab 6? just curious.
 You commented on doing it a way that is against the rules.  Intentionally lagging yourself out to gain an advantage is against the rules, you are constantly trying to bend and break the rules and are finally getting caught for all of it.  Whatever happens from here on out you earned it, so grats.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 am

Well Dakr I havnt done it which is why im still on lab 6. Admittedly i did plan on doing it tho. Pretty sure 90% of people who have passed this lab leave the staff at the start, and it didnt cross my mind it was illegal. Its not me bending the rules its me not knowing it was illegal. Apologies for not knowing. When almost everyone in the game does it, its easy for it to be overlooked. Its probably illegal to google the riddles on lab 9 too but how many of you have done that?
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 am

Says clearly in the rules not to lag out for respell or any other beneficial reason (even to avoid death) so you knew it was wrong. As for lab 6 haven't candles been put along the corridors to prevent abusive behavior like this???

6. DO NOT LAG OUT OF DEATHS OR COMBAT
Do not lag out of death, pvp and clan fights or intentionally cause lag. Lagging out of an area to get spelled up is illegal, as is lagging out of any of the labs. We can tell when a player has lagged out from a connection failure and when they have purposely caused the game to crash to avoid a death in the game. Lagging out of the game under any circumstances is illegal. There is no reason to risk being punished for it. The excuse "I couldn't be bothered to walk to the tavern" is not acceptable, there are recall scrolls and a recall spell. Use them! Use of game lag to avoid being hit by NPCs or players is also misuse of the /lag command and may lead to this command being removed from the player.

Closing the game to avoid a death is also considered to be illegal.

Also I would like to point out this rule...

12. RESPECTING OUR STAFF AND THEIR DECISIONS
If a member of staff tells you to stop something, or informs you that you are breaking a rule. You must follow their instruction. Do not argue with our staff. If you disagree with what a member of staff has said or told you to do, then please follow their instructions and then email the admin team.

Arguing with our staff will get you into even more trouble. So please don't.

We aren't idiots. So don't try and play us against each other
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 am

There was candles placed in the first room so that people could not drop the staff. The candles have since been removed...again adding to the reason why i thought it was now accepted. obviously not though.

The lab was originally designed to play with other players...back when the players online were more than 3 ppl. Makes it hard to pass when there is rarely another person on the lab. Since there is normally 1 other person on when i log on, knowledge that 90% of the ppl  i have talked to have lagged out near the end, and the lights being removed from the firsts room, I don't think it was unreasonable to assume it was acceptable to place the staff at the start.

That been said i now understand it is clearly still illegal. I also have no intention for arguing how the rule should be, I'm not fussed either way. If admin say its illegal then i respect that. It doesn't mean i need to be patronised by the likes of you Andy about what You believe I may know. Frankly i couldn't care less what you think. I had my reasons for believing what I did.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:04 am

As you should also know (from previous experiences you've had, that i know of) the rules on lagging out, abusing staff, bug abuse etc haven't changed since the last time i saw "Thrice" online so you have no excuses on allegedly not knowing specifics on the rules.
Back to top Go down
Solent

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Lab 6 is easy to do solo.

Kill the skeletons, turn off the lights. Transfer the staff from one dark room to the next. Repeat.

And LL, in v2 a Magen Temp didn't use the staff to kill the undead. Forget what the temp was named but (s)he stayed on lab 5 (when there was no graveyard in the city) to make money and just ranked up and beasted the last remaining labs.
Back to top Go down
Thug

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Solent wrote:
And LL, in v2 a Magen Temp didn't use the staff to kill the undead. Forget what the temp was named but (s)he stayed on lab 5 (when there was no graveyard in the city) to make money and just ranked up and beasted the last remaining labs.
there was a temp in v2 that killed him by activating a unique. might have been the same temp
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

You also don't have to keep it in the rooms you can also set it on the floor any where
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:07 am

Solent wrote:

Kill the skeletons, turn off the lights. Transfer the staff from one dark room to the next. Repeat.

I believe the templar you are referring to was Stellar. He was Magen on lab 9.... when lab 9 was the last lab except for final test, of course. It would be interesting to see the FDM undeads stats through identify though.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 am

Motoko wrote:
Solent wrote:

I believe the templar you are referring to was Stellar. He was Magen on lab 9.... when lab 9 was the last lab except for final test, of course. It would be interesting to see the FDM undeads stats through identify though.
Ask and thou shalt recieve.

Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it YEnuTsw
Back to top Go down
Solent

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Iktomi wrote:
You also don't have to keep it in the rooms you can also set it on the floor any where
I thought about that but I would be afraid I'd miss it some how so I like to use the rooms as 'Checkpoints' you could say. My other thought is what if something goes wrong and the skeletons respawn and turn the lights back on.

Warning of caution, there are traps in the rooms.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Fazza wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Solent wrote:

Ask and thou shalt recieve.

Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it YEnuTsw
Jesus, this guy is a beast. 120 sword and magic shield? :O Pretty sure he only uses crystal sword and crystal armor though
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 am

It would not have thought there was a huge amount of improvement in a Templar from Col to Maj Gen in terms of key stats (other that maybe hp).
A low Col templar is maxed for str/agi, 2h or axe, spells and mana.
You could add hp, res,imm and brave beyond that I guess but would that be enough to take out the FDM undead?
Did he have to use scrolls or pots?

Very curious...

Lab 6 has also been modified to remove/limit the places that you can hide the staff to lag out to.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 am

I'm going to test that question about a temp and can he kill it, tune in next time to find out the answer.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:48 am

Could you wear FoH Iktomi?
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Lordlava wrote:
It would not have thought there was a huge amount of improvement in a Templar from Col to Maj Gen in terms of key stats (other that maybe hp).
A low Col templar is maxed for str/agi, 2h or axe, spells and mana.
You could add hp, res,imm and brave beyond that I guess but would that be enough to take out the FDM undead?
Did he have to use scrolls or pots?

Very curious...

Lab 6 has also been modified to remove/limit the places that you can hide the staff to lag out to.
If you had an endless supply of str pots and skua scrolls it would be incredibly easy for a merc too. A maxed out templar could kill him also with str pots/ish spells, an ish curse would never land on him.

He has no immunity, skua curse him and he'l be a wimp.
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Ish Curse would work
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:05 am

Rush wrote:
Ish Curse would work
I doubt that very much. 120 str/agi and 95 brave adds up to quite a bit of immunity. Just cuz you can't see it on ID, doesn't mean it isn't there (like bluecapes)
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:08 am

It's only 91 mod. Ish curse would work. I'm not saying it'd be super effective, but it will hit.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

180 rez dude... no way ish gonna hit.
Back to top Go down
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Try it. You'd be surprised how high of a resistance Ish Curse could hit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it   Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lab 6 question/looking for someone to help with it
Page 1 of 1