Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Massive server lag/crashes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Massive server lag/crashes Empty
PostSubject: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Whats going on? I crash every 2 minutes/massive lag.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:22 pm

exact same. Is like what happened to twinsix while we were doing prison run, as soon as he leaves I get it...

Twin have you given me an Server Transmitted Infection???
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Seems like the server is being hacked or something... this is pretty abnormal.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:32 am

I have looked through the logs at the lag spikes.
Apart from the normal ones that occur at save time (~30 minutes past the hour) and at backup time (every 6th hour) there do appear to have been an abnormal spike of lags for a few specific players.

The server itself did not detect any lags, so it is not on the physical machine.

More than one player was getting lag but this appeared to move with time.
Not all the players online were getting lag, which indicated that it was not the server centre.

The last time I investigated this type of incident of clusters of lag, there was some event going on in the US (like 4th July or something similar) and the internet was flooded with messages flying around.
There are also incidents where a particular node on the internet has a problem and anyone going through that node gets affected. The closer the node is to the physical server then the greater the chance it will affect more players.

A possible solution is to reset your modem and it will reselect new routes to the internet for you. Depending on where the problem is, this may solve the issue or have no noticable effect.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:35 am

It's fixed now... didn't do anything, it's just 8 hours later... that was interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:38 am

66 is giving STIs away!! lol
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:47 am

Sorry guys. :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massive server lag/crashes   Massive server lag/crashes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Massive server lag/crashes
Page 1 of 1