Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch Skill - Quest items

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Arch Skill - Quest items Empty
PostSubject: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 am

Arch quest items have grouping and rank restrictions.

As such the arch quest items should not be shared or left in clan halls or given to characters who have not completed and earned the item for themselves.

If they are left in clan halls they will be removed.

I am aware that they have been tolerated in the past but it is not really consistent with the theme of a quest area.

Please do not leave the arch quest items lying around or give them to another player/alt.
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:04 am

Lordlava,

As always I can very clearly see your point in this matter, I'm sure there are a lot of players who have abused the system to gain an arch skill before they are entitled to do so or simply because they could not be bothered to do the quest themselves, however, I have in my Clan room 2 Ice axes, these are items that are not exactly easy to gain access to quickly (for example, an up and coming clan fight), but they are arch skill quest items, this is just a suggestion but would it not be possible to have all arch skill quest items soul bound so that items such as ice axes can still be used as a normal weapon but of course only by the character who found it and only for the duration of it's life span.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 am

Good suggestion. I have toyed with the soul binding idea as per the Prison Gear.

I have a number of options.
1) Quest items come from a chest where upon I can soul bind it (not so easy from a grave). Requires some redesign of the quest areas.
2) Move the quest giver to deep in the quest area. This requires some minor redesign of quest giver locations. It is a bigger problem where one giver has more than one quest.
3) Create a non quest ice axe.

Note that a Plat Axe is as good or better than an Ice Axe but with lower stat requirements.
Back to top Go down
Elrick

Elrick

PostSubject: Re: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 pm

I agree with u there Lordlava, maybe not some much moving the Quest giver but Making them Soul bound, would make the game play out the way it was intended to. and make a NON quest Ice axe in game like in a Chest some where other than in Emmy Cave. or even if u wanted to change the location of the quest giver dont stick him deep in it just at the start, as if the quest giver was tryin to find it him self, with a lil help from the player Smile that is the option i would go with. but that is just the option of one simple Staff member king
Back to top Go down
Vincent

Vincent

PostSubject: Re: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:07 am

Lordlava wrote:
Note that a Plat Axe is as good or better than an Ice Axe but with lower stat requirements.

*sniff* Crying or Very sad I thought they were something special Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I have waited ages to see what they are like, now I have nothing to wait for Crying or Very sad

Laughing
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:40 am

Elrick wrote:
I agree with u there Lordlava, maybe not some much moving the Quest giver but Making them Soul bound, would make the game play out the way it was intended to. and make a NON quest Ice axe in game like in a Chest some where other than in Emmy Cave. or even if u wanted to change the location of the quest giver dont stick him deep in it just at the start, as if the quest giver was tryin to find it him self, with a lil help from the player Smile that is the option i would go with. but that is just the option of one simple Staff member king

Something like the Swimming quest? or the Forbidden cave quest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch Skill - Quest items   Arch Skill - Quest items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Skill - Quest items
Page 1 of 1