Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donating?

Go down 
+13
Jaigarman
Dinin
Swainhi
Elffin
flipper
tommytom
Abyss
Lordlava
Redman
Odysseus
smasher
Seyanmaster
Valadez
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Redman

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 pm

flipper wrote:
another quote box Smile wrote:
Valadez wrote:
Seyanmaster wrote:
tommytom wrote:
Redman wrote:
smasher wrote:
Redman wrote:
Redman wrote:
For the sake of /who space, maybe just make the name a different color. Razz

smasher wrote:
Redman wrote:
And just not put Sir/Lady title on /who.

Or just shorten the titles to "S" and "L" on /who.
yer or different text colour Razz
I already covered that one. Razz

lol my bad was half asleep!
Wake up!! Razz

just seeing how far the quotes would go
the quote wil get far Wink

Well this has deviated a bit. Razz
so many boxes cheers
Nice!
Back to top Go down
Elffin

Elffin

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Sorry to break your little game, but i think if i remember correctly /t "sir Valadez" would work. I seem to remember somewhat hazily that you were able to send messages to people with double barreled names by putting quotation marks around them. Maybe somebody else will correct me if i am wrong, it was a while ago, i think it was when i was on another server...

Elf.
Back to top Go down
tommytom

tommytom

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Elf is right i /looked "Greenling Vet" and it showed a Greenling vet, without the quotes it just shows a Greenling
also you couls just use the first qoute eg: "Greenling vet and the result in the same
Back to top Go down
Swainhi

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Bah with the name titles. Exp per dollar amount would be better. There's no special privelage there, no body isn't getting anything special other than a head start. Most adults have a credit card to donate with, and kids have parents with credit card. Heck, I "borrowed" my parents card to purchase things when I was younger. So neither age group is shut out of this deal. Besides, kids have more time then adult so sure, make it take longer for them to get exp. Seriously, exp for donation isn't all that bad. or make it possible so kids can snail-mail cash to one of the gods to get their cut. (with proper documentation).
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:33 am

Swainhi wrote:
Bah with the name titles. Exp per dollar amount would be better. There's no special privelage there, no body isn't getting anything special other than a head start. Most adults have a credit card to donate with, and kids have parents with credit card. Heck, I "borrowed" my parents card to purchase things when I was younger. So neither age group is shut out of this deal. Besides, kids have more time then adult so sure, make it take longer for them to get exp. Seriously, exp for donation isn't all that bad. or make it possible so kids can snail-mail cash to one of the gods to get their cut. (with proper documentation).

I really dispise games that give you "perks" for a donation.... or a subscription....
drives me barmy when all i wanna do is play the game lol
i would be more than happy to just donate money and not be nagging for this that and the other :S
alien
Back to top Go down
Seyanmaster

Seyanmaster

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am

Swainhi wrote:

I cant really belive u wrote that... u shouldnt ask for ANYTHING, donating is something u choose urself, no one forces u too it, the admin pays for the server and uses theyr time to fix it, Update it, and build more on it. they ask for NOTHING, u start saying give us exp for donating....

Donate, get a Sir/lady or a colour name, sounds nice, then u give something back aswell, and not just take Wink

lets say it was u running and owning server, you would get fed up after a day, and no... kids should not "steal" from theyr parents like just to get exp... dumbest thing ive heard...
Back to top Go down
Redman

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:39 am

I agree with Smasher. I don't even play games that give perks to those who donate.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm

I used to play conquer online but I just could not deal with all the credit card noobs running around with the best gear owning me....Ive given up on playing games that are free to play but favor donators. If perks were implemented for donators they should not affect game play at all. And I will donate if the option is put back.
Back to top Go down
Swainhi

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't mean donate money for exp (even though people donate to charities for tax breaks all the time). I was referring to a system for giving money to support server. If this was a system set in place, i wouldn't be nagging for the exp, since it is a system. And I'm sure there could be a way to give money and automatically have the exp deposited to character of choice, i don't know. And if I was running my own server, I would like people to have the option to give money, not for special treatment or special items or area's, just exp nothing else. That way if I get surplus cash (unethically i could take a vacation) or I can hire out help as needed. It's really not that terrible to think u can get something for giving, its naturaly. Besides, how many of you U.S.A. players gave money to GM or Chrysler while they were hurting in 2009 because it would be for the good of all? Probably none, u might have bought a car, but u got something in return. (I hope u folks understand analogies...)
Back to top Go down
Redman

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 am

Our government gave them tons of money from the tax money that we paid. Thus, everyone who worked and paid taxes gave GM money.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Redman wrote:
Our government gave them tons of money from the tax money that we paid. Thus, everyone who worked and paid taxes gave GM money.
And it wasn't of of the goodness of our hearts but rather at the threat of imprisonment
Back to top Go down
Swainhi

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 pm

I think u fail to realize that we got our money back, or very near, from both companies. And u all didn't understand the analogy afterall. I had meant, if those 2 companies went bankrupt, a lot of small manuf. town would go under with all those little suppliers losing money (if this server went under we'd be hurting too.) If we gave money to this server we can continue playing happily ever after. if we would gave money to the car companies they could have had free money, no interest, pay off their debts and have money for R&D. Govert' gave money to them, yes. But we could have helped out more by giving them money, so thusly, u all are not as holy as u all think. Complain about govt giving em money to help thousands of family's keep jobs, but yell at me for expecting a return on my money......
Back to top Go down
Jaigarman

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Swainhi wrote:
I think u fail to realize that we got our money back, or very near, from both companies. And u all didn't understand the analogy afterall. I had meant, if those 2 companies went bankrupt, a lot of small manuf. town would go under with all those little suppliers losing money (if this server went under we'd be hurting too.) If we gave money to this server we can continue playing happily ever after. if we would gave money to the car companies they could have had free money, no interest, pay off their debts and have money for R&D. Govert' gave money to them, yes. But we could have helped out more by giving them money, so thusly, u all are not as holy as u all think. Complain about govt giving em money to help thousands of family's keep jobs, but yell at me for expecting a return on my money......

Not True. TARP included within its package a tax exemption: $45.4 billion in taxes that they did not have to pay. You subtract that $45.4 billion from that supposed profit GM made the following year, and it isn't a profit at all.

Money doesn't grow on trees. You can't pull money out of thin air.
Back to top Go down
Seon

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Donate - To present as a gift to a fund or cause
Gift - Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation

You can't donate for exp/stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redman

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Jaigarman wrote:
Swainhi wrote:

Not True. TARP included within its package a tax exemption: $45.4 billion in taxes that they did not have to pay. You subtract that $45.4 billion from that supposed profit GM made the following year, and it isn't a profit at all.

cheers
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Redman wrote:
Jaigarman wrote:
Swainhi wrote:

cheers
alien
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:38 am

I think this topic has gone off track.

Please stick to topic or it will be closed.
Back to top Go down
Swainhi

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Instead of donating/giving money to the server, how about buying exp with the express intent of making money available for the gods to use in server maintaince/hiring extra help for coding... Smile As Jack would say, poop by any other name is still considered poop, don't care what u call it.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am

As Ishtar states
<
License

Non-legalese version:

You may do whatever you want with this, provided you

a) give proper credit (eg. "is based on the Mercenaries of Astonia engine by Daniel Brockhaus" somewhere in your game / on your website).

b) do not make money with it.

c) do not pester me with questions.
>

Therefore if you receive donations you are breaking rule B even if they are donations and legal actions could follow.

I would definitely confirm it with Daniel before you take donations to avoid a lawsuit.

Yes, donations are considered a form of making money.
Back to top Go down
Jasmine

Jasmine

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 am

Accepting donations does not break rule B unless the donations received are in excess of the server costs and the server begins to make a profit.

As Aranock is currently the only V2 server open to the public, Daniel and I are in contact if need arises and Daniel's proviso in rule B is to stop people making a profit from the game and turning it into what could be seen as p2p. As I have been admin in Aranock for six plus years I am fully aware of all the rules on runnning the game under the licence I have for Aranock.

Aranock has always had the policy not to accept donations as the gods are quite happy to provide this game for everyone to freely enjoy, without accepting or expecting payments of any sort, we only ask that you do not abuse the game, treat our staff and players with repect, and more importantly enjoy the experiencing.

The server hosting contract is renewed annually, and I do beleive the next payment standing order isn't due to hit the bank account until next July.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Back to top Go down
https://aranock.rpg-board.net
Fazza

Fazza

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:27 am

:O The wise and all powerful Jasmine!

She graces us mere mortals with her presence.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donating? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donating?   Donating? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donating?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2