Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abyss

Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Empty
PostSubject: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm

It seems Metroid today was trying to pass lab 12, and used a garg stat.

The garg stat got the lab boss kill, and it resulted in her not passing the lab, instead being stuck inside the lab boss chamber.

I imagine the lab boss dying doesn't check that if a garg stat killed, if the garg stat had an owner. Should be a small, relatively quick fix.
Back to top Go down
Metroid

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:43 pm

:'( ... Wasted a bunch of things and didn't even pass <_< .
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:26 pm

correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the intent of the boss in any particular lab is to test your abilities.

So there are a few arguments that can be said.

1) people should be able to go in under their own power and do the labs.

This would result in very slow lab completion if everyone had ot solo a lab.
Since there isn't a no leading rule for labs, some reletively strong players can lead and spell some drastically weaker players through each lab level. This allows some the ability to pass labs they would normally be underpowered to pass.

2) drugs and scrolls
Drugs and scrolls are an added bonus to help a player, it is presumed that people that use them get them. But that is not always the case and partially why there are some minimal ranks put into place. If the Minimum requirement for use is met, then there isn;t any issue with there use fighting the boss

The garg stat meets both of these test.

I can not see why it wouldn't be allowed to be used and if it is a defect, then a) it should be fixed, or b) player be warned, you must issue the final blow.

Curious, does the boss respawn with someone in the room?

Back to top Go down
Metroid

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Didn't wait to find out lol.

To be fair, I don't really see how it's different from my GC, especially considering they're both captains. Also, if my GC's tanking, I feel like it was my own ability which cleared the lab, as the Garg only did some of the damage, whereas I perma stunned and my GC hit harder with my spells..
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Lab boss doesn't respawn. Someone sat in there a long while before the GC bug was fixed.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 am

Redman wrote:
Lab boss doesn't respawn. Someone sat in there a long while before the GC bug was fixed.

Lab Bosses are all held in the same room. They have no "respawn". The code spawns the boss for your current lab when you enter the solve portal. If the boss ever "respawns" that would be a serious bug.
Back to top Go down
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 am

flipper wrote:
correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the intent of the boss in any particular lab is to test your abilities.

So there are a few arguments that can be said.

1) people should be able to go in under their own power and do the labs.

This would result in very slow lab completion if everyone had ot solo a lab.
Since there isn't a no leading rule for labs, some reletively strong players can lead and spell some drastically weaker players through each lab level. This allows some the ability to pass labs they would normally be underpowered to pass.

2) drugs and scrolls
Drugs and scrolls are an added bonus to help a player, it is presumed that people that use them get them. But that is not always the case and partially why there are some minimal ranks put into place. If the Minimum requirement for use is met, then there isn;t any issue with there use fighting the boss

The garg stat meets both of these test.

I can not see why it wouldn't be allowed to be used and if it is a defect, then a) it should be fixed, or b) player be warned, you must issue the final blow.

Curious, does the boss respawn with someone in the room?

The lab boss is a means of testing your abilities.

However, the lab system has always allowed the gaming of the system via potions, buffs, others spells, garg stats, golem pots, etc, etc. It has never been an issue, and kind of makes you feel pretty awesome when you can go through a lab several levels too low and blow away stuff.

If a garg stat shouldn't be allowed to be used in the Lab boss room, 1) it should be not allowed to be used, not spawn and screw up your kill, leaving you stuck inside the boss room and 2) the rest of the drugs and stuff shouldn't be allowed, and fixed as such.

From my knowledge of v2's design, and code, this is purely a bug, not a feature (as some actually suggested in shouts while we were talking about it). Garg stats have many little bugs to them such as getting stuck behind no-monster walls, and this. It should be a simple fix to implement though - similar to the fix that's in place for GCs killing blow to count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss   Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garg Stat Killing Lab Boss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: