Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garg stat stuck in lab 10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaigur

Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Empty
PostSubject: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 3:01 am

While I was doing lab 10, my garg stat got stuck in two places

Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Garg-s10

Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Garg-s11

poor garg stats...
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 9:21 am

To some degree, GCs, garg stats, compulses etc all have an IQ problem and get easily confused.

When they are close to the edge of the world (Haunted Tower, RD1 etc) they get confused and just stop.
If they lose sight of their master they some times get confused (dark places like the pents, prison etc).
If there is not a path they can follow (garg stats at start of lab 3) then they stop.

The two pictures above do not follow the cases I described but the symptoms are similar.
For whatever reason, the garg stat has got confused and decided to go on strike.

I have only had a quick look at the logic in the game and it is quite complicated.
I was not able to find the root cause then and have not really looked for it since.
Back to top Go down
jaigur

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 12:41 am

I had another garg stat get stuck in the abandon town, it couldn't go to the next room. another garg stat wasted. It is almost like it can't get over the regular 'no monster' areas where monsters aren't able to go. It was able to follow me around the room just fine, but when I tried to get it to move through one of the doorways, it just didn't want to go...
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 4:04 am

Ok
I suspect (without checking) that there are places that NPCs are blocked to either stop NPCs going places or being led there.
Some are in the pents and i think one in lab3.
It is possible that there are some in AT as well.

I would need to think if there is any down side of treating garg stats and compulses like GCs and allowing them to walk over the no NPC blocks.
Back to top Go down
jaigur

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 12:08 am

That would be awesome to treat the garg stat and compulse the same as GCs, would make the garg stat much more useful i think. What downsides could there be? Do compulsed monsters disappear after a certain amount of time like a garg stat?
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 12:52 am

jaigur wrote:
That would be awesome to treat the garg stat and compulse the same as GCs, would make the garg stat much more useful i think. What downsides could there be? Do compulsed monsters disappear after a certain amount of time like a garg stat?

Yes, they do.

Back to top Go down
King Memie

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:48 am

Yeah isn't bugged. Unfortunately they can not cross no monster lines. Though it would be nice to rewrite their code to allow them to.
Back to top Go down
King Memie

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 1:10 pm

I still remember when there was no line monsters couldn't go over. Monster dragging got way out of hand and led to the death of many young nooblets lol.
Back to top Go down
jaigur

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 1:17 pm

Haha that is awesome. Did that also lead to temple guards or did they always exist?
It would be nice if the garg stat could go over these lines
Back to top Go down
King Memie

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

They already existed. Firstly just to say mayesy you pass the last gate lol. Sexondly to speak with to find about some of the history and lore of the town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garg stat stuck in lab 10   Garg stat stuck in lab 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garg stat stuck in lab 10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: