Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thundar

Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly Empty
PostSubject: Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly   Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:19 pm

I have finally bitten the bullet and posted some of my wares onto the acclaimed 'Trading Post'.. NOT happy ( but it's only a game ? ). The instructions to 'Life in Aranock' seems to be missing a lot of information, like :

When posting item to sell, DO NOT have in your posession, more than you are willing to sell off, as it will not ask you how many, it will just TAKE all in your possession at that moment ??? A trade off between simplicity and flexibility of commands. I had considered restricting to one only or adding the qty as another field but the devil got me ..... and ......
Want to buy an item off of the posted list ? (1) Figure out how to view the entire list, as it is not logically clear. /trade page n (2) Once you know what you want, how many you want to buy at the advertised price, DO NOT have more money in your possession ( if the listing has multiple items ), as the game will automatically take as much money as you have, to automatically buy as many items as it can for you.. The price you pay for being too rich. Down with the proletariat
Synopsis : Buyer & Seller cannot specify a quantity on either side. Game tries to max you in and out, unsuspectingly.. Actually I can understand why that could catch you out but would take another field or command to fix this.
PS: I don't mind prepaying the commish prior to actual sale.. rightly deserved for Brokerage duties. Curious tho', if sold, where is the money deposited to ? The money goes into the carried purse of the seller, not the bank account. If to the Bank side, it could get lost and never seen by the Seller. If not sold, where does the unsold items get returned to ? If my /depot & backpack are full at YOUR moment, do I forfeit the items being returned to me ?? This was a deliberate trap although I thought I said it in the guide. If not sold and time expires thn it is returned to your carried inventory. If your inventory is full then the items are lost. It is recommended to avoid this situation if possible.
Light Bulb : On the Merchant row with Liam, the Bldg at the eastern end, USED-TO-BE a trade rep between two players.. which now seems to be vacant ? The trader was removed due to bug abuse. Why not, use that space to be the Visual Merchant of the Trading Post ? Icon Pictures can be used to display the wares, buyers can click on it to review it's stats and be able to buy one or many. When sellers offers it to Trader, put a curve in it over Damor's process, by asking how many we want to sell, how much we want for each item being sold at that price and whether it is for the Lot or for Each, at the asking price ? Items are then received, commissions charged, items posted in a /depot format to be sold ?? Crazy, but makes more sense on both sides.. as the command lines are hard to use by themselves and do not allow for Buyer/Seller any protection against over buying and over selling an item. I have 6 and I only wanted to sell 4...

With all of the plugs pulled out, allow a Seller to add more items ( that are not unique ) to an existing listing, more commissions could be charged for the inbound materials, etc..

You might have to get into multiple merchants in the Bldg, like PP's merchant area, to sort items by type, or just to have enough storage space in case this really became '..a good idea..' ??

Now you are really pushing me for a real confession.
1) A merchant can only hold 40 items while the trading post can hold up to 20,000 items/groups of items.
2) I do not know enough about the client to be able to make merchant boxes so that you can visually see/scroll through what you want.
3) I have only played a bit with the client for very specific urposes so I have not documented how it works, especially on the graphics interface side.

Hope this has made some sense ? Otherwise, make yourselves available for the Q&A process a little more frequently, please ? Trying to catch, a man Down Under, is impossible most of the time. I know, post your 'sitting schedules' and I'll make it a point to be there, then ??

As always, thanks for the Greatest Game on the Net.. at least my vote any way.

Your comments are noted with thanks, as usual, and for the most part thay are correct. When I get time I will try to simplify the choices you have to stop the "raw" problems you have with the command line. The graphics interface will need alot more research and documentation of the client as I am only playing with specific parts of it at the moment.

Last edited by Lordlava on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated with comments in Orange)
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly   Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:29 am

Comments edited into your post above to keep them in context.
Back to top Go down

Trading Post not 'Buyer/Seller' friendly
Page 1 of 1