Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archtemplars

Go down 
+8
bubblecathie
Bill
Zidane
Lazywarrior
Lordlava
Asmodeus
LegionOfPandas
Motoko
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm

I'd like to raise the max braveness on AT to 100, a minor buff, but it's something.

This doesn't really make them pent any faster, but it makes them stronger solo. I'm not into making anyone pent faster, right now, people rank too quick as is and when they rank up they quit.

I'm also considering raising str max to 125, but the point is this race is essentially useless solo, on someone else spells they are very very strong, this wouldn't really make them any stronger on someone else spells but would be a step in the right direction, I think.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
LegionOfPandas

LegionOfPandas

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:04 pm

How about raising their buffs a little bit? maybe 5 or 10 each? That combined with the brave and str increase would help make them better solo.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:25 pm

An honestly useless addition in my opinion. At most 3mod for spells which will most likely not even result an increase of one point in wv/av. Most likely won't raise weapon skill and the res mod will not make any significant change either. The cost of this will be over 2m exp which will not be worth spending when opposed to other more priority stats such as harden, warcry, rest, etc. 

A nice intention but if the basic issue of the class is not addressed, it will mean nothing. The issue templars have is penting. You say you won't influence their pent speed but they easily get 50-75% less experience than all other races when penting solo without a massive scroll/drug supply. 

I understand your reluctance but unless the main problem of kill speed/WV/damage issue is tackled, there is no point in modifying the race.

2cents
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:04 pm

I'm sure it has being said before, but maybe templars are lacking an offensive skill. Stats won't change anything, either new items.

Every classes has multiple offensive spells to cast. Such as c1/c2/b1/b2/blind/poison and ect... even warriors.
Templars only have warcry to cast. I know warcry is extremly strong in PVP, but in pents or A.T it is not that great.
Tbh they are not really fun to play because you cast warcry once to get every grolms or skeletons cursed and then you wait 10-20mins to clear the room :/
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:05 pm

Cleave: swing his weapon in a wide arc, hitting 1 to 3 enemies in front of the templar.
warstomp: brutally smash the ground to hit all 4 enemies for x amount of dmg
these ideas are not mine but they were posted in-game
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:37 pm

An offensive skill would be beneficial indeed. 

A b2 similar skill would work.

An increase of the effectiveness of SH2 such as equal damage as main target or SH2 wide crits.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:44 am

On the subject of SH and SH2.
I never bothered to raise them very high on any of my alts because I thought they were next to useless.

Do they make much impact if raised?
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:49 am

Lordlava wrote:
I never bothered to raise them very high on any of my alts because I thought they were next to useless.

It took my seyan about 50 base to sh2 everything in pents as often as possible, It doesn't scale very well imo.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 5:52 am

Lordlava wrote:

Mod affects hit rate and not damage
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

Sh and Sh2 make quite an impact if you have the weapon value, as the damage is based on your weapon value.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:40 pm

SH1 and SH2 only hit when you perform a horizontal slash with your character which means that they don't hit every time more like 1/3-1/4 hits. The damage is also at least 25-50% of the main hit damage. 

A very poor skill for AT and really poorly optimized especially at higher ranks.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 3:20 am

Sh or Sh2 crits would make a huge difference. Something needs to be done to help red capes kill at least half as fast as blues.
would definitely be nice to see more arch temps around. Would also be nice to not always be the slowest in pents because I refuse to drop ranks lol

another crazy idea
maybe add like a templer temple somewhere with chests with quick respawn time with bless pro and ew ish scrolls (maybe that bind to you), this would ensure they got an easy supply as spells.
Or maybe where they can get spelled by a preist and the spells last 30 mins.

but maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Bill

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 8:25 am

Motoko wrote:
Sh and Sh2 make quite an impact if you have the weapon value, as the damage is based on your weapon value.

Was messing around on my seyan, in the time it takes him to do 1000 damage to a primary target he generally does 200-250 to sh1 targets and between 100 and 150 to sh2 targets. Which is plenty in my opinion, but that is with 177 weapon value and 215 mod sh/sh2, I'm guessing the damage would be rather negligible for poor templars on their own spells.

It's going to be difficult to buff templars the way they need to be without buffing seyans since they get all of the same skills. Personally, I think warriors and templars both need something to give them more of an edge.

I also think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective when you say that templars penting faster is going to make people quit. Personally, I love making alts, but I don't have an arch templar right now because of how much of a chore they are to play and how slowly they pent. I also just got warlord on my seyan so I'm likely to quit at any moment. So, if templars were made fun it would likely keep me around long enough to rank one to noble.

i think there's a lot of potential for dual wield axes if it's balanced well.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 2:52 am

Will it affects warriors and seyans? I'll gladly take the 10 extra brav!

With my Baron tincan, I can only cast 6warcry with 999end, before running out of endurance. Note that i only have 200 Rest mod on a dpot.

200 rest ain't much considering most harakims/sorcs hits 280med/280concentration.

Buff Alchemy? new recipes?
There are no alchemists around. 0/26 all inactive.

New skills? it doesn't have to be very strong, half the power of blast1 would allow tincans to deliver at least a few killing blows.

I also heard interesting Disarm idea this week on the server.   Idea

My spellbar looks like this: warcry warcry warcry warcry warcry warcry warcry   cheers
Back to top Go down
legacy

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:17 pm

I think I may have posted this somewhere else but.....

What about a skill for AT's that isn't affected by buffs? Is there functionality existing to have a skill that can't be modded by bless/curse?

The problem with all these arch temp suggestions is making them too strong when on crazy spells. What if we had a skill that helps the Arch Temp compete with other similar ranked players on own spells due to a skill that helps them attack/defend that can't be affected by bless/curse?
Back to top Go down
Kane

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:23 am

Zidane wrote:
Sh or Sh2 crits would make a huge difference. Something needs to be done to help red capes kill at least half as fast as blues.
would definitely be nice to see more arch temps around. Would also be nice to not always be the slowest in pents because I refuse to drop ranks lol

another crazy idea
maybe add like a templer temple somewhere with chests with quick respawn time with bless pro and ew ish scrolls (maybe that bind to you), this would ensure they got an easy supply as spells.
Or maybe where they can get spelled by a preist and the spells last 30 mins.

but maybe not.

Yeah SH2 is useless. At high levels I hit everyone for 1-2% but it doesnt matter because the ones who arent the 4 fighting me will just stand and regen it lmao.
Back to top Go down
Offended

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:34 am

Motoko wrote:

...but the point is this race is essentially useless solo, on someone else spells they are very very strong, this wouldn't really make them any stronger on someone else spells but would be a step in the right direction, I think.

Thoughts?

I think the answer to this is right here.

Give them a nice spell bonus, solo they now become stronger and on somebody's spells they're not any stronger than they already are.

Then, since nobody seems to agree their lack of meditate is an issue or even unfair, make their spells last longer. Maybe another 30 seconds per rank or something like that? Would only allow them to last twice as long at Noble but would also use twice as less mana as well.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 am

The only way to fix the class is to give them the equivalent of burst DPS. Right now, even with maxed spells, they still kill slower compared to seyans, sorc, necro and AH. 

Increase damage on SH/SH2 or full damage on SH2 or even SH crits would fix part of the issue. 

Making a blast-like skill which can be as spammable as blast might fix it as well.

Raising spells will not fix the problem just perpetuate it. Buffing warcry also doesn't change anything given that the dps boost is negligible simply because 100% uptime on warcry is impossible. Despite what people think about balance, if you balance around pvp (which is non existant) you break balance for PVE which is 99% of this game.

You need a substantial DPS boost!
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
The only way to fix the class is to give them the equivalent of burst DPS. Right now, even with maxed spells, they still kill slower compared to seyans, sorc, necro and AH. 
Increase damage on SH/SH2 or full damage on SH2 or even SH crits would fix part of the issue. 
Making a blast-like skill which can be as spammable as blast might fix it as well.

Raising spells will not fix the problem just perpetuate it. Buffing warcry also doesn't change anything given that the dps boost is negligible simply because 100% uptime on warcry is impossible. Despite what people think about balance, if you balance around pvp (which is non existant) you break balance for PVE which is 99% of this game.
You need a substantial DPS boost!

Asmodeus for president! I couldn't agree more.
I would LOVE to see both asap, i said asaaaaaaaaaaaaap! just for my rebirth. bounce (must beat Kane, the well known tincan penter)
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 8:46 am

SH/SH2 enhance quest.
Adds crits or a bonus to SH/SH2.

Quest only for AT (or maybe Warr) but not seyan....

I always thought SH/SH2 were underpowered.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 9:57 am

Quote :
1. Archtemplars have been made stronger. Their spell bonus is now 1.025% instead of 0.95%, their enhance weapon now maxes at 35 instead of 30. This is to help in solo play, slightly. This is under evaluation and can be adjusted as needed.

This morning with the recent changes, i was able to hit 165 enhance weapon power, with RoP (turned off) + dpot + my ew set.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:17 am

bubblecathie wrote:
Quote :
1. Archtemplars have been made stronger. Their spell bonus is now 1.025% instead of 0.95%, their enhance weapon now maxes at 35 instead of 30. This is to help in solo play, slightly. This is under evaluation and can be adjusted as needed.

This morning with the recent changes, i was able to hit 165 enhance weapon power, with RoP (turned off) + dpot + my ew set.

Which means youre better off with ish enhance. Usefulness is right up there with max brave....
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:53 am

Asmodeus wrote:
bubblecathie wrote:
Quote :

Which means youre better off with ish enhance. Usefulness is right up there with max brave....

165 power.. ishtar is 150, 150 * (1.025)= 153.75, rounds to 153.

165>153.

Also, there is no infinite source of ishtar EW.

Also, this effects other spells.

Have a nice day.

Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 11:15 am

BiS rings + best drug ingame for 3 wv more than ish scroll...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 11:18 am

I am still waiting for some significant dps boost on these races instead of passively useless bonuses. Arguably, the spell bonus is going to work out well with Warlord RB but its not a major dps increase which is needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Archtemplars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archtemplars   Archtemplars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archtemplars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: