Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heal nerf

Go down 
+8
Lordlava
Zidane
Motoko
legacy
jaigur
Lazywarrior
Asmodeus
Limitless
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Would like to nerf this ability (higher spell exhaust by maybe half a second) - this will help Templar and other non stunning classes kill heal spamming enemies, but not really effect players as much, since you don't really usually spam heal yourself.

Other ideas welcome.

It's too easy to bring your hp back to 100%, for npcs and players.

Back to top Go down
Limitless

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:22 pm

1/2 second sounds reasonable.

There have been times where it would have helped in RD and ice pents, but then again I was still a bit low for the area I was in.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Maybe reduce hp per mod. Half a second won't change all that much to be honest. That or make it cost more per base/mod?
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Maybe reduce hp per mod. Half a second won't change all that much to be honest. That or make it cost more per base/mod?

Think you underestimate how much a half a second exhaust makes when spam healing, either way you want it nerfed so, my point stands.

Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Maybe reduce hp per mod.
I agree with this, currently its one of those get it to 20-30 base and leave it alone for the rest of the game... heals way too much for almost no exp investment.(i think 90 base is more than 999 hp if you're fully spelled up? not sure entirely.)
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Lazywarrior wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Maybe reduce hp per mod.
I agree with this, currently its one of those get it to 20-30 base and leave it alone for the rest of the game... heals way too much for almost no exp investment.(i think 90 base is more than 999 hp if you're fully spelled up? not sure entirely.)

Maybe, but it would be hard to change it without making it hugely different, which I don't want.

Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Then half a second or a second change on exhaust sounds good enough. There are several times I can think of where this would've helped quite a bit, not many it would hurt me tho.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 10:27 pm

I agree with your change..

I'm sure this might be too much work, but diminishing returns if casted repeatedly?

Kind of like what we did with stun? The more times you heal over X period of time, the more it's reduced.

1st heal- 100%
2nd heal within 30secs - 75%
3rd heal within 30secs on 2nd - 50%
so on

too hard? Probably too complicated for such a small change.
Back to top Go down
jaigur

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 1:44 am

eh, 30 base is all a Templar gets. Should they have to cast heal several times to get their total 999 hp back?
I'm ok with the .5 sec increase in exhaust time, I don't know if the mod should be changed though.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:11 am

Heal adjusted to be 0.5 seconds longer exhaust.

This will go live next time I copy the code to the production server.

Note: I do not think there is anything significantly wrong with the heal spell.
If an NPC is casting too many heal spells then it may be due to the fact that is has too much mana.
Maybe the heal is a symptom and not a cause.

In development areas this is under the control of the builder.
In LQs it is the consequence of the NPCs summonsed by the imp.
Back to top Go down
legacy

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:24 am

Really don't like this idea, heal was just fine? Not necessary to change in my opinion, now I'm just imagining being in RD as a colonel trying to keep Zidane healed as he gets blasted by 1000 ghosts and having half a second (actually a long time) extra of time not being able to keep him alive.

I can see the advantage, but for lower ranked players (especially players still passing labs) it's going to cause problems. I remember a few lab solves where I would have been screwed if the heal exhaust wasn't so short. Maybe we can think of a different solution to nerfing heal that doesn't affect characters over such a wide rank base?

Let's start thinking about lower ranked/newer players a bit more when we are nerfing skills....EG the GC buff that was buffed to make them more useful for higher ranked players when really GC's are pretty crap from about Major.

I understand almost everyone that plays has a noble or close to it, but I think the same amount of experimentation and time could be put into balancing skills and characters from PFC - lt col/colonel.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:47 am

I like bunnies

Posted edited by Amped : If you don't have constructive comments, please don't comment at all.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 1:22 am

legacy wrote:
Really don't like this idea, heal was just fine? Not necessary to change in my opinion, now I'm just imagining being in RD as a colonel trying to keep Zidane healed as he gets blasted by 1000 ghosts and having half a second (actually a long time) extra of time not being able to keep him alive.

I can see the advantage, but for lower ranked players (especially players still passing labs) it's going to cause problems. I remember a few lab solves where I would have been screwed if the heal exhaust wasn't so short. Maybe we can think of a different solution to nerfing heal that doesn't affect characters over such a wide rank base?

Let's start thinking about lower ranked/newer players a bit more when we are nerfing skills....EG the GC buff that was buffed to make them more useful for higher ranked players when really GC's are pretty crap from about Major.

I understand almost everyone that plays has a noble or close to it, but I think the same amount of experimentation and time could be put into balancing skills and characters from PFC - lt col/colonel.

No offense, but maybe you shouldn't be engaging 1000 ghosts?

This nerf helps non stunners kill things, and has been long overdue. It will help players more then hurt, of all ranks.

It certainly entices more people to rank a warrior or templar or necro.

And Thrice, this is low hanging fruit and easy to fix yet has large impact, which are things we like to focus on. Obviously high effort fixes are nice, but require a lot of effort/time and may not have as much impact for game balance.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:43 am

This could have the opposite affect in the end. Instead of giving fighting classes a chance of killing perme-healing monsters this could just make their mana pools last longer making the fight take even longer. But also it could help a lot i guess we will be finding out.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:53 am

I do not believe the change was very significant or very necessary but it cost me about 15 seconds to change and less than that to test.
If it causes any adverse side effects then it can be just as easily reversed.

I suspect heal is a symptom rather that a cause of the problem and the real solution lies elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
legacy

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:13 am

Motoko wrote:
legacy wrote:

No offense, but maybe you shouldn't be engaging 1000 ghosts?

Don't tell me what to do!
Back to top Go down
Bill

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:23 am

I don't think this is a bad change, there are definitely instances where it was necessary. It was a little ridiculous running CB with moto/nyan on my seyan (noble ranked warrior, seyan, necro) with all 3 of us hitting the same (general ranked?) lizard and it getting off 5-6 heals before it died.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 10:29 pm

I like bunnies Posted edited by Amped : If you don't have constructive comments, please don't comment at all. wrote:
- Thrice

I'm not allowed to express an opinion that I dislike the change and that time could better be spent elsewhere? So basically if I don't like something keep my mouth closed? Haha okay here's my 'honest' opinion more in line with your parameters.

The new adjustment to Heal is magnificent. Once again Admin have done an outstanding job. I applaud the fine work of admin in providing such a great service to this game. The way in which you put Community issues in front of your own is something that deserves great recognition. I also love the restrictive changes you are placing on the game to make the game far more enjoyable than it once was. Keep up the good work.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pentagrolm

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:34 am

Thrice, Venting doesn't help anyone.

It's a cathartic experience for you, your reinforce and justify your own opinion at the cost of looking like a child that didnt get their sweets.

If you ain't got nothing CONSTRUCTIVE to say.. then don't bother. your last post was pointless mate. it was purely to antagonise..

People are free to their opinion here, The admin have never said you can't be happy about a change, or to say you are unhappy about a change. It's how you go about expressing that that has beome the real problem with this game.

A mutual level of respect from both sides for eachother. We aren't all enemies. We all love this game. Opinions differ, they always will. but if you don't agree, discuss it maturely and have a conversation about it rather than resorting to sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:09 am

Sure, I appreciate your perspective. But when you post as many genuine suggestions as I once did in brainstorm that are given no consideration you lose interest in being genuine.It will happen to you too one day give it time. Go ahead and read how many community suggestions have been implemented, you can read them all under brainstorm Smile I'll stop posting as it clearly antagonises people.

Peace out
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 8:06 am

Thrice wrote:
- Thrice

I'm not allowed to express an opinion that I dislike the change and that time could better be spent elsewhere? So basically if I don't like something keep my mouth closed? Haha okay here's my 'honest' opinion more in line with your parameters.

The new adjustment to Heal is magnificent. Once again Admin have done an outstanding job. I applaud the fine work of admin in providing such a great service to this game. The way in which you put Community issues in front of your own is something that deserves great recognition. I also love the restrictive changes you are placing on the game to make the game far more enjoyable than it once was. Keep up the good work.

Very Happy

lol good laugh at that post Thrice.

You get a golden sticker.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 8:08 am

Please, let's stay on topic - HEAL NERF!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heal nerf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heal nerf   Heal nerf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heal nerf
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Town Square-
Jump to: