Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server down?

Go down 
+8
Asmodeus
Lordlava
Motoko
Wind
Martyr
rmcin329@hotmail.com
Mayhem
Lazywarrior
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oldhaus

Server down? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:13 am

I also hope there will be some compensation I lost precious 4 pieces of SS gear. I'd be happy to be compensated in exp of 1mil. The SS gear is worth more than that, my most valuable piece had plus 14GC the other 3 were low bless gear. So I hope I sound reasonable.

side note: I empathize that you had to fix it and lose sleep before work the next day. Hope work was okay.

Thank you. Yours sincerely Lissa.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:19 am

Sigh!

I have just finished downloading the 2Gb log file (zipped to about 80Mb).

Now I need to find something that will open a 2Gb file.

I have no way of knowing who was online at the time or just before the crash.
I had to make a decision on which backup to use as I could not get the server restarted.
With hindsight, if I had kept investigating then I may not have had to restore the server back and the loss may have been less. However the server would have been offline for longer and I would have fallen asleep on my desk.
I can not determine who lost what and hence there is no easy way for me to recompense people for what may or may not have been lost.
This is probably the reason behind the long standing policy of not trying to compensate for crashes.

The only exception I recall on this was when the server was under attack.

This is likely to cause more rage at me but I do not have the time or resources to investigate the losses. Please do not take offence.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:28 am

That's a shame, that is over a full day wasted on this game for me and many others. Ask Moto who was on as he did an LQ with about 12 people online. Can we maybe get that exp back???.And poor grub a new player who had just done starting quests.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:40 am

There isn't a need to use time and resources to investigate who lost what. It's a lot more simple to give the players the benefit of the doubt. Majority would be happy with exp/luck rewards. It wouldn't cause the game to explode if a bit of compensation was given out. Would probably make players happy and appreciative.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:56 am

I have discovered a new program called glogg that opens big files.

The cause of the crash was a spammed error message from 2 lost NPCs who were trying to walk off the edge of the world whilst looking for a way home..
I have had stern words with them and they have been threatened to be turned into privates if they do it again.

The message is useful to find buggy NPCs but under these circumstances it is problematic.
I will keep monitoring it.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:06 am

such a let down, i know myself and many others spirits to play this game are dampened. If you could reconsider the compensation i m sure a lot of people would be overly grateful;. give us faith in the game knowing that if something like this happens it will be ok and it wont be a lot of our time wasted. Sorry for the Nagging but its well worth it even if its a 1/1000000 chance it makes it happen.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:09 am

Please see separate poll on this topic.
It is open for up to 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:13 am

yup just seen it thanks, Good to see it hasnt just been swept away Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:17 am

Zidane wrote:
Good to see it hasnt just been swept away Smile

It still may.... *evil grin*

I am trying to organise a multiple voting platform to get my candidate elected in a "fair" election.

A wicked cackle fades into the distance ....
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 6:26 am

that isnt swept away to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server down?   Server down? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server down?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: