Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Staffers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Staffers Empty
PostSubject: Staffers   Staffers Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 12:37 am

I would like to request staffers to be beholden to the same pvp ruleset that clans are. A staffer has recently told me that they are the exact same as a clan except for the fact that they serve all players rather than a particular clan. They are also allowed to use the same scrolls that we are if i recall correctly.

Cheers.
Yes they should have area hidden as well if that is an issue. Duh.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Staffers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staffers   Staffers Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:32 am

I must be tired as I am not sure I understood exactly what you were saying.

However, let me clarify some things regarding staffers and clannies.

A staffer alt can not be a member of a clan because they can see where everyone is on /who and that would give them an unfair advantage.
Staffers are not allowed to use their staffer powers (e.g. /who) to help themselves or others in clan pvp.
If they do then I will be having very stern words with them on abuse of admin powers.

A staffer can have a clan alt and most do.
However, they need to be very aware of the risk of conflict of interest or perceived conflict of interest when switching alts from staffer to clannie alt, in that they may have had access to admin only info. I hence advise against switching suddenly and then going on a pvp hunt. It may have been done innocently but it is impossible to prove no abuse and hence is open to perceptions of abuse, whether real or otherwise.

Staffers were given access to the teleport scrolls on their staffer alts on the basis of the above ban on being able to be in a clan.
They can also be required to recall or stop playing to either help someone or manage a situation. Ability to be able to get back to where they were is considered a small compensation for the these activities.
Back to top Go down
darkzord

Staffers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staffers   Staffers Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Do people really care about this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staffers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staffers   Staffers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Staffers
Page 1 of 1