Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Im tired of this Tea and biscuits

Go down 
+4
Dakr
Doom
Urdadi
Asmodeus
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Empty
PostSubject: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 6:30 pm

I just had all of my crafting items used and mixed and spread around. All of my armor god mixed in with everything else, including armors with potential bugs that I had set aside incase they needed to be looked at for some reason by gods. Ice eggs all mixed into everyone elses Tea and biscuits. The same person who did all this had a godly weapon supposedly disappear within an hour of setting it down.

There is no hot way to police people in clans or protect your gear.

Anyone in noob clan missing their gear can thank doom. I found as much of mine as I could and trashed it all. Tired of people messing with Tea and biscuits that isnt theirs, 4 year olds know better. I mean really I took the time to surround much of my gear with named items like ROPs and winged boots so it would be obvious.

I have spent countless hours gather dozens of supplies for harvest/craft/BS only to have it usurped. And dont tell me to use depot or make other characters because the amount of space/cost to maintain all that would be ungodly. Even in stacks of 20 that Tea and biscuits takes up insane space.

This is another complaint that has gone completely unanswered by gods for a long time. What is so damn hard about taking existing doors, making a few dozen of them and giving them unique keys. Even if you manually added every door and key it could be done in a day.

I am seriously done with a game that has half assed, untested creations and absolutely zero foresight. Delete my characters, Delete my forum account. I was my hands of this sorry excuse for a game.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm

I would like to ask you to stay instead of leaving. Stuff happens and in my case the same person who stole from you if it was him (i don't know) caused a number of people to quit out of anger because of his clan raiding. If this is an issue for you, I suggest that you talk to the higher ups and see if anything can be done.

No waste getting upset and depriving the community of your presence and friendliness.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 am

Asmodeus wrote:

...depriving the community of your presence and friendliness.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Doom

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:24 am

wow interesting post.

I was the one that moved items in the clan hall around as Diehard had outlined.
I was also the one that used some of Diehards items to Blacksmith. No other items just simply the BS items.

I apologised for using these items as it was my intention to replace. An intention which has already been exercised and done.
You will notice that clan hall now has over 200 items to blacksmith.

I also brought 100s if not 1000s of my crafting/harvesting items to the clan. for all to use. The clan hall now has twice as many profession items as before.
Much of the already profession items were scattered everywhere with no order. I picked this up and reordered them into each profession trait. A job that took me 3 hours to do in hope that it would help the clan in sorting professions.

In doing this process i moved a few things. Some armors, a couple stray pots and a couple stray weapons. I kept all named piles in there original groups. I apologised for any mix up in regards to peoples items being mixed amongst it.

Quote :
I mean really I took the time to surround much of my gear with named items like ROPs and winged boots so it would be obvious
For this reason I did not touch any of these piles. I feel you are exaggerating the context of what really happened.

Diehard you had 5 ice eggs and 2 capes. That pile still remains only there is now 9 ice eggs, to which I added  and i said you can have them as i dont use them. So i was just trying to make your pile bigger. Your original pile of items still remains....well unless you have now deleted it.

I want to stress that the only items I moved where the profession items which have now been sorted into the relevant stacks a few armors which I am sorry for moving and in hindsight should have asked before moving), a few weapons and maybe a couple rpots.

I was the person that lost the godly sword. I put it on the floor and it was taken within 30 mins.

I have only tried to help the clan. I have no intention of stealing anything.

Asmodeus are you implying i was responsible for people quiting? I have been nothing but friendly to you and am not the same person that was doom years ago.

I don't understand the intent of this post as nothing was lost other than my own unique, not to mention several other clan members have applauded the organization of the clan.

I am happy to restore the clan to the best of how it was and resign with the items I came with.

My intention was simply to help out

Doom
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 am

You had a unique haxed by someone? I personally wouldn't put a unique on any floor anywhere if it was useful.  I don't mind the reorganization, to me it looks like there is a lot more supplies on the ground then there was before and yeh there are shield blanks back in middle there.

Last edited by Dakr on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:37 am

Some godly items will disappear when left on carpet.
Eventually all godly items will have the same fate.

In terms of items being taken from clan halls, this is not an issue for admin to intervene.
It is a matter for the clan leaders to manage.
No game rule is broken if clan carpet items are moved or removed.
You may consider it a moral issue but it is not a game issue.
Back to top Go down
Doom

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 am

The godly weapon was a steel gorn sword. I had no particular attachment to it but would have liked it to stay untouched.

That being said it holds no great value to me which was why I was happy to place it on the carpet.

I am not too bothered about the godly, just thought it was worthy of noting.

I understood the risk and wish its new owner the best.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 am

On a side note, storing uniques on the ground anywhere is illegal and they are removed quite regulary. This rule is in place so we know who owns what uniques so the 2 unique limit can be enforced.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:40 am

Dinin wrote:
On a side note, storing uniques on the ground anywhere is illegal and they are removed quite regulary. This rule is in place so we know who owns what uniques so the 2 unique limit can be enforced.

Some people have more than 2 uniques yet the rule is not enforced on them.

@Thrice, I cannot bring myself to call you Doom. I am sorry but I can't... What I said is what has happened. That it happened or not does not matter, the issue is not you but Die's desire to quit. Whatever the situation, I suggested he seek help instead of quitting. LL has said that this is not a matter for admin so that's it. If you want to talk it out it is fine. You being nice or not doesn't enter the equation here. Yes you have been nice to me and I don't say otherwise but an action like clan raiding has caused numerous people in my clan to quit years ago. Simply a tool to relate nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Doom

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:25 am

The issue may not be me but it does involve me as I am the one targeted in this thread.

You know nothing of the situation other than what has been discussed here on the forum. You simply have a vendetta and would love to put this in the class of a clan raid when it is not.

You need to get your facts right or mind your own business Asmodeus as it clearly does not involve you.

Thrice? You have less idea then I imagined you did.

One of few people that still seem to bundle 3 people into one.

Please do some research before you put your foot in your mouth.

Diehard i have restored the Blacksmithed items to clan hall and please encourage you not to quit on behalf of my inconveniencing you.

Back to top Go down
Nikur

Nikur

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 am

all I can think of while reading this is the troll song.  cyclops 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Yeah thats the problem with the whole damn game, its never an admin issue. You create half assed areas and never finish them. Problems with lack of storage has been talked about for years and lack of areas to protect things in clan halls has been brought up before. Even if as a leader I could protect my personal items (at great time and cost to mess with walls/leader door), that still leaves the entire rest of the clan at risk.

As a clan leader I have NO way of even telling who is who. If JoeBlowChin decides to join tomorrow and makes some 2LT and tells me its Doom's alt I cant do an IP check. I cant use some /whosAlt command. Even if it is his alt I cant foresee if he is going to jack someones Tea and biscuits. And the whole point of noobs clan was to have another clan to go to essentially so you couldnt be denied clan access, this is why LL kept +++ in the first place. So basically if I want to be in a clan I get to constantly have my Tea and biscuits stolen?

The fucked up thing is 95% of it I would have given away upon asking, even the SSed gear. The only thing I didnt want used was my profession items as I was still building level and for the Tea and biscuits I put on the ground to be left the hell alone so I could find it. As I pointed out to doom already all of my personal armors got mixed in with who the hell knows who elses armor. Even items that were soulbound like dragon armor.. as I have multiple chars who had it, I would then have to waste time figuring out whose it was then. Some armors I had set aside like the godly tit weasel 2h incase LL or another wanted to look at them for bug purposes that were then mixed in with the armors. And because there is no way of leaving offline or clan wide messages to the offline, I have no way of finding out whos is what in my own clan and what was left by others for public use. No way to ID owners, no way to secure things, no other place to store that magnitude of items.

Ive suggested everything from doors to hidden names on carpet tiles to stackable items to bigger inventories to lower depot costs and nothing has been done in all the years since V2. Im not wasting dozens if not hundreds of hours just so someone can steal my Tea and biscuits because the admin are too sorry to give any way to protect it. As a kid I had my bike stolen. I blamed no one but myself because I left my lock at home. The problem here? I HAVE NO LOCK. What is so damn hard about that concept?

Tired of having my email blown up. I've already deleted the game / my MOAs. Seeing as how the only ones who have posted more on the forums than I have is admin, tomorrow I will be deleting my forum account so I stop getting these incessant emails from the forum.

Perhaps the most annoying thing is the fact that I have to explain to a programmer of all people the need for a way to lock your Tea and biscuits up. You dont want your code stolen do you? Well I dont want my damn ice eggs stolen either. Not a hard concept.

@Doom you may have been the spark but this was mostly the fact that it happened at all. If it wasnt you it would have only been a matter of time before someone else came in and fucked it all up because of the number of people jumping clans..etc. LL had dozen of coding options to prevent these things and choose not to and clearly from his above post continues to choose not to. Ive seen one too many examples of poor planning, lack of caring and half assed coding and I am done. In all my years this is the ONLY game where if I were to go out and spend 50 levels an travel across 3 maps on an 8 hour long quest to get some rare armor, id get back to town and have no place to put it. Every other game has houses, lockers, depots, pack mules. What do we have? A clan hall that forces you to clan if you want depot and forces you to share that space. I am not going to stick around and gather all my Tea and biscuits again only to have it stolen again. This isnt the first time its happened. I could care less if I died, regeared and died 3 more times and lost everything I owned in pents to a bunch of sea golems on dpots/armor. Its the fact that friend or foe can just walk in and take Tea and biscuits I have spent dozens of hours acquiring and admin choose to ignore the problem, which means it is only going to continue.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:09 am

The clan halls where never designed as storage houses. The idea was that the building features allowed you to create an elaborate social place where clan members can enjoy time together. The current state of affairs means that clan space couldn't be more anti-social, players discouraged from using the space of others. This was not deemed a problem as clan features couldn't currently be used to maximum due to the small size of the population and needed a way to be utilised

However, this is the reason that there where no existing features already designed to lock away private rooms before or immediately following the opening of the area, and an official conversation on permanently changing the nature and functionality of clans hasn't taken place since because there are better solutions to consider without compromising the concept

It seems unfair to blame development for the inability to use a feature in a way that it wasn't designed, and a stretch at best to blame them for a theft from one of the members under your command.

It is difficult to decide if we should provide free depot as it is one of the biggest gold sink's we have, but it is worth thinking on. With the introduction of a vast amount of new in game items invariably comes the need for new storage space, but this is a current issue to debate and fix, not a historic one that has been an outstanding since v2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im tired of this Tea and biscuits   Im tired of this Tea and biscuits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im tired of this Tea and biscuits
Page 1 of 1