Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Insane lag this morning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Insane lag this morning Empty
PostSubject: Insane lag this morning   Insane lag this morning Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:09 am

We've had at least 4 or 5 people mention it nearly back to back. Im getting hit for 10+ seconds at a time personally. Doesn't seem quite as.. passive as it normally is.
Back to top Go down
Estherus

PostSubject: Re: Insane lag this morning   Insane lag this morning Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:56 pm

yess!!!!! oh my lordlava (see the pun?  Razz )

I was trying to pent, but it was nearly impossible SOOO much lag!!!
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Insane lag this morning   Insane lag this morning Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 pm

There does not appear to be any lag at the moment.

Lag can be caused by a number of sources.
- Every hour on the half hour the games writes the in memory files back to disk (normall a few seconds lag)
- Every 6 hours the server zips and copies all the game data files (normally 10-20 seconds lag)
Outside of these the most common cause of lag is your ISP.  Symptoms are that you are the only one lagging.  Solution - reset your modem or change ISP provider or check your wireless connection.
If a group, but not all players are getting lag then it will be a local area ISP problem.  The closer the problem is to Florida the wider spread the lag will be.
If everyone is lagging then the problem is near or at the interface to the server itself.

Once previously, we had consistent lag that would not clear over time.  Almost all of the above will clear with time (and besides which there is nothing I can do about them).  It turned out that the server needed restarting and this clear it.  It is a very old version of Linux and it had been running continuously for several years.
There is no indication that we are there yet but I will monitor it.

There is no problem with the power of the server box, disk space, RAM or bandwidth available.
Back to top Go down
Estherus

PostSubject: Re: Insane lag this morning   Insane lag this morning Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 5:51 am

It affected us again just now. Me and Kurtz got at the same time major lag spikes while others didnt. Can it be cause both me and Kurtz come from europe? Cause the ones who are from N-America didnt get this.

It has nothing to do with my modem or router, checked internet and its working fine, am streaming a movie without problem for the last 5 hours. can open youtube next to it and its done loading in a flash. So I can almost positively say it is not from my side
Back to top Go down
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Insane lag this morning   Insane lag this morning Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:33 am

It started with just us but I think now everyone has it, maybe it is time for one of those server-reboots? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane lag this morning   Insane lag this morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insane lag this morning
Page 1 of 1