Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thundar

Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Empty
PostSubject: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:29 pm

I have been driving my HP stats up to the declared, max value of 999, EXCEPT, it never cleared the cost column when I got there ? I added two more points, the cost value went up, the max value stayed at 999, and the cost column never cleared, like it does for other items that have been maxed out ? When I reach the cost value again in available xp pts, the '+' sign shows up to add more HP, but Necromage said he has been aware of this problem for awhile, as he burned up alot of xp trying to get it to clear the column as well..
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 pm

From what I understand from back in the day playing MoA, HP maxes at a high number but the client can only display 999/999, so you're actually raising HP and gaining more HP but the client can't display it. Its not that hard to make HP / End / Mana displayable to 4 digits but it's unneeded as most people stop raising HP/END/Mana @ there maxes or 999.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've had 999 HP lol.
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Thundar

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am

Cody wrote:
From what I understand from back in the day playing MoA, HP maxes at a high number but the client can only display 999/999, so you're actually raising HP and gaining more HP but the client can't display it. Its not that hard to make HP / End / Mana displayable to 4 digits but it's unneeded as most people stop raising HP/END/Mana @ there maxes or 999.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've had 999 HP lol.

If, what I understand your logic to be of the client not being able to display more than 999 ( Skill Strength ) / 999 ( Exp Required per Skill Strength Point ).. ? I have a few values where the ( Skill Strength ) is lower than it's 5 digit ( Exp Required per Skill Strength Point ) cost, re: Strength & Agility are in those higher ranges. It would be nice if the ( Exp Required per Skill Strength Point ) maxed at 999. We could have afforded great strengths by now, and all be Titans in Aranock. Argh !

Try the HP at 999. The bigger guys can't wear you down as fast. Now on to the Endurance so I can blast WC enough to drop a pack of Grolms the 1st time. Takes about 4 good yelps to get them to start dropping, then my butter knife finshes the rest of them off. Very Happy

Last edited by Thundar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out a word)
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 am

i believe that it maxes over 999, somthing like 1150? 1100? somwhere around there, you Can make the exp to raise and the + sign disappear like all the other stats if you keep raising it...not much need to tho.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:41 am

Officially No Comment.

I have never looked at this in code or in practice.

I have never had an alt who got remotely close to 999 hp. So if you have enough experience to burn it on > 999 hp testing then you get what you deserve Smile

On a slightly more serious note, the detailed info on Thundar shows him with 999 hp on the server as opposed to the client display. I have not checked whether the server also rounds it to 999 for the display but I can't think why it would.
Back to top Go down
Thundar

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Lordlava wrote:
Officially No Comment.

I have never looked at this in code or in practice.

I have never had an alt who got remotely close to 999 hp. So if you have enough experience to burn it on > 999 hp testing then you get what you deserve Smile

On a slightly more serious note, the detailed info on Thundar shows him with 999 hp on the server as opposed to the client display. I have not checked whether the server also rounds it to 999 for the display but I can't think why it would.

In both instances, what I see on the client/server is 999. Adding 1 more round of exp, continues to state 999, tho the cost per increases. There obviously is a glitch in the code that doesn't stop the additions when it reaches max value ? Having been a tech since computer conception, there was a lot of work that had to be done for the Millenium rollover to Y2K 2000. Visiting each PC, desktop or production machine and flashing the BIOS or upgrading *.ddl's to accomodate the odd behaviors, of non-compliant Y2K machines. Our programmers spent several months updating certain codes to take on the new year.

On the brighter side.. reaching that max value in HP just proved itself last night in the Sea Port quest for others ( not by leading, we could group Smile ).. not healing, no gasping for air, almost like the swimming spell was in effect ?? Barrages of Gargs in the early stages up thru Major, seems to not wear me down ? I am now working on maxing out Endurance to be able to bellow WC to make the almighty foes, drop to their knees.

"Burning up" experience points ? More like, improving performance levels. For me to now go into pents, part way into gargs, my entire session would be devoted to '1' pt towards Strength or Agility or a couple of pts towards Weapon.. not much in gratitude for an hour or two of time spent ? But, in a couple of hours of focus, I maxed HP. Well worth the time spent, efforts.

Thank you for your continued support. Your Team efforts provide an excellant game that my wife can't scrutinize for visual content too much, physically, content has been dubbed 'addictive', lacking of earthly focus ( spending time with her ). Smile Thanks again to the team.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Thundar wrote:

"Burning up" experience points ? More like, improving performance levels.

didn't notice the free 15 hp every time u rank? assuming you are going for warlord, u will rank 9 more times. that's 135 free hp. prison ammy & ankh armor both have +100 hp, so you have a whopping 335 hitpoints or about a million experience points that are indeed wasted. Kids... max HP at brig is a bad, bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Thundar

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Urdadi wrote:
Thundar wrote:

"Burning up" experience points ? More like, improving performance levels.

didn't notice the free 15 hp every time u rank? assuming you are going for warlord, u will rank 9 more times. that's 135 free hp. prison ammy & ankh armor both have +100 hp, so you have a whopping 335 hitpoints or about a million experience points that are indeed wasted. Kids... max HP at brig is a bad, bad idea.

Oh, but I did notice the 15 free HP pts everytime I ranked. Now that the point spread is getting farther between ranks, spending collected pts, are a User's choice, since there's no automation or guidlines named 'Points well taken' or 'Points well spent' or 'Points better spent' ? Smile

However, I do notice tho, my luck for dying seems to be bad right now, so those pts taken away, go quicker than they are to rebuild them. So when you take away 10 pts of HP, costing now 1500 +/-, you're actually taking away 15,000 pts.. and with my rank, the foe's values for the kill are less, so more effort must be spent to get back to where I left off. I guess a healthy punishment is better than a full death and loss of everything ?

Again, thanks to the Team for a great game. Wouldn't it be easier to fix the digit error and max out column errors, than to spar over how pts should, or should not have been spent ? Thanks for the great group of players you draw to the table, it makes the game even nicer.
Back to top Go down
Thundar

PostSubject: I owe the Staff and Players an extreme Apology   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:39 am

Thundar wrote:
I have been driving my HP stats up to the declared, max value of 999, EXCEPT, it never cleared the cost column when I got there ? I added two more points, the cost value went up, the max value stayed at 999, and the cost column never cleared, like it does for other items that have been maxed out ? When I reach the cost value again in available xp pts, the '+' sign shows up to add more HP, but Necromage said he has been aware of this problem for awhile, as he burned up alot of xp trying to get it to clear the column as well..

All of this time, I have depended on Identify to tell me the Truths about myself. Unfortuantely, HP isn't one of them, so I have been taking things at face value. What I have been seeing for "my" HP, is a modded value due to a Godly Titanium Helmet of Life, which I wear, that gives me 151 additional HP pts. Sad I realized my error while talking to someone about my armor tonight and read the stats of the Helmet. Immediately, my tail went between my legs, cowingly. I am so sorry for accusiing the Team of a software issue. The software, unfortunately, turned out to be between my ears. Again, I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 am

Lord Lava's Very Long To Do List

The Beginning
Look at what AT HP stats max at. Phew! Strike one off the list Smile
The end

Thanks for the feedback Thundar. And well done for not keeping it quite when you discovered.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:54 am

Had a very quick look at AT hp calcs.

Base hp maxes at 950 for an AT including the 50 that they strat off with but excluding the +15 they get for ranking.

So in theory base hp for an AT maxes at 950 max base hp + 15 hp/level * 23 levels = 1295 plus any items that mod it.

This will be independent of any display restrictions on showing how many you have.

hp appears to be recorded in a number of places so I am not entirely sure of the relationship and there may be more restrictions over and above the base stats limits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..   Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch-Templar's stats are not registering properly..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: