Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Empty
PostSubject: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 am

This will allow you to run Aranock in a window and in XP Compatibilty mode.

The D3D Windowing software is simpler to set up but may not give you as many options or flexibility (if you need or want it).

The Virtual PCs (Microsoft  Virtual PC and Oracle VirtualBox) require more setup/installation steps but do emulate a complate Windows XP machine on Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 platforms.

I run all three on my Vista machine.  I am not able to test them under Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Below are the download links.

D3DWindower windowing software - English version
Source: File Planet
http://www.fileplanet.com/198137/190000/fileinfo/D3DWindower-English-version/
The site says that File Planet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived.
Source: Rapid Library
http://rapidlibrary.com/files/d3dwindower-english-zip_ulfmnqcvvbi89on.html

Microsoft Virtual PC
Source: Microsoft Corporation
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/
This runs under Windows 7 Professional edition.
It says that is may not be supported under some versions of these operating systems but does appear to work.  I have a version that runs under Vista OK but I have not tried to download this version to test it.  With my Vista version I was required to have the Windows XP installation disks.

Oracle VirtualBox
Source: Oracle Corporation (previously distributed by Sun)
https://www.virtualbox.org/
This will allow you to install and run many versions of Windows or Linux.  Note that you do need to have an installation disk for the operating system that you want to install.

Last edited by Lordlava on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:40 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 am

Should also say that the D3D windower, I have had trouble with it before but finally figured out for me how to get it to work correctly. When you open it up and add the program you want to run in it, select that program and click on the settings button. When the new box opens click on the window mode tab and turn off direct x 8-9. This should allow it to run, if not it has issues and doesn't run properly and for me it would freeze up.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 am

Ok I finally got D3D Windower to work perfectly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNgov5epRvw

This link will explain it all, guy put up a video a while ago on youtube how to use it. The short of it is

1. Click the little + sign in the screen you have opened for the file.
2. Click the version of Aranock you want to load up.
3. Then click that once in the screen, then click the left of the 2 little yellow folders.
4. Make sure windowed mode is selected, type in 50 for height, and 50 for width.
5. Most important, click on the Browse button at end of DLL, you want to go to the D3D folder and select the D3dhook.dll File, this will allow the game to run.
6. Click on the tab "window mode" and turn direct x8-9 off.
7. Click ok, select the file you want, and click the computer. Aranock should run as normal for you now.
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:06 am

Dakr wrote:
Ok I finally got D3D Windower to work perfectly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNgov5epRvw

This link will explain it all, guy put up a video a while ago on youtube how to use it.  The short of it is

1. Click the little + sign in the screen you have opened for the file.
2. Click the version of Aranock you want to load up.
3. Then click that once in the screen, then click the left of the 2 little yellow folders.
4. Make sure windowed mode is selected, type in 50 for height, and 50 for width.
5. Most important, click on the Browse button at end of DLL, you want to go to the D3D folder and select the D3dhook.dll File, this will allow the game to run.
6. Click on the tab "window mode" and turn direct x8-9 off.
7. Click ok, select the file you want, and click the computer.  Aranock should run as normal for you now.

I did everything but it just doesnt do anything. It just literally does nothing when I click the little computer.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 am

Huh I wonder why, did you try running the D3D windower file as administrator, also check over it to make sure you did everything correctly.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:40 am

Ok so now that I have windows 8 now I ran into the problem other people were having. I got it to work though and here is how.

1. Download D3D windower english version.
2. Create a shortcut to your aranock version on desktop.
3. Right click the shortcut and go to properties, go to compatability and in there under compatability mode click run it and open the drop down box and select windows xp (service pack 2) click apply.
4. Now open the d3d Windower as admin.
5. Click the + button and then select the aranock shortcut on your desktop.
6. Click that inside the d3d windower box, then click the folder next to the computer button.
7. In here the Height should be made 50 and Width made 50. Click use windowed mode, and then click the browse button next to the dll box.
8. In the browse section find the d3dwindower folder on your desktop, and double click it the only file available for you to select should be d3dhook.dll.
9. Next click window mode and turn direct x8-9 off. Click ok to close this box.
10. Click on the aranock file inside d3d windower and select the little computer to run it. Click play and have fun playing aranock windowed on windows 8.

Should be fine, thats how I just did it 5 minutes ago to get it running  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues   Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windowing software - How to run Aranock in a Window and (maybe) avoid compatability issues
Page 1 of 1