Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan Attack Range

Go down 
+3
Punchingbag
Johndave
Redman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Redman

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Punchingbag wrote:
Maybe the discussion should be why can't I stun ayumi? instead of +/-4 ranks in pvp, I propose -3 & +22. Higher levels can defend themselves as soon as attacked of course.

The above is copied from a different post for further discussion here.

Back to top Go down
Johndave

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:06 pm

only problem I see with this, is say a magen AH/sorc/seyan/warrior stuns a noble, it's over, like it or not. and seeing as the noble has no chance to get the first stun he is going to lose 99% of the time
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Ok see if this works: If 2 players are more than 3 ranks apart, the lower ranked player must initiate the fighting. On first act of aggression, the server informs the higher player that he was attacked & dishes outs a small spell exhaustion to the lower ranked player. The length of the exhaustion becomes the key. Ideally it would be just enough time for an alert player of higher rank to return fire.
Back to top Go down
Johndave

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 am

imo it should be +/- 3, if you can't attack both players, you can't heal either. best way to do it
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 am

I am not planning to change the clan range of attack in the immediate future. I think it is +/- 5 ranks or something like that at the moment. It may be possible to narrow the rank but this is not in the current scope of the changes I am making.

Nor am I planning to allow a low rank to get a 1st hit as that gives a huge (possibly insurmountable) advantage to low ranks with good scrolls.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am

Ok, so my solutions both have issues. I'll state the problem & see what others can come up with. There is a griefplayer who has Earls & Warlords that I am unable to fight at magen. This griefplayer will heal my opponents knowing I can't retaliate. If I'm grouped with a higher player, the griefplayer will kill them, again knowing I can do nothing. If I die, the griefplayer will plant a gc in a strategic location to block off entire chunks of Aranock. I can't kill the gc because it's owner is a Warlord. IMO the best solution to all 3 problems is just to let me fight higher ranks.
Back to top Go down
Urdadi

Urdadi

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:50 am

throw out clan attack range completely. add a penalty for killing same player over & over
Back to top Go down
Redman

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Punchingbag wrote:
Ok, so my solutions both have issues. I'll state the problem & see what others can come up with. There is a griefplayer who has Earls & Warlords that I am unable to fight at magen. This griefplayer will heal my opponents knowing I can't retaliate. If I'm grouped with a higher player, the griefplayer will kill them, again knowing I can do nothing. If I die, the griefplayer will plant a gc in a strategic location to block off entire chunks of Aranock. I can't kill the gc because it's owner is a Warlord. IMO the best solution to all 3 problems is just to let me fight higher ranks.

You have two totally separate issues here.

Issue #1 (if I read the above correctly) is solved or is in the process of being solved by Lordlava's coding changes to the way clan members are allowed to heal each other. Three possible solutions I see are either (a) work with LL to get the code functioning correctly and as intended, (b) change code to disallow clan member to heal each other unless both parties are in non-clan warface squares, or (c) range your character up so you can attack higher ranks. On LL's side, (a) is probably the best but (b) seems like a simplified fix that might run into problems or might not. Solution (c) doesn't need much explanation but said healer shouldn't be healing (a) or (b) is in place.

Issue #2 is the player blocking you from doing a GR and should be reported to admin with approximate times, locations, etc (a unique char string helps search the logs).
Back to top Go down
Redman

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Clan fight range is currently +4/-4 and it seems to be fine IMO.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:46 pm

I still think there should be a way to attack warlord clannies without a gazillion hours of penting. How about some /rage mode where u can kill any clan member regardless of rank. A raging player can be killed by anyone on sight, even skua players. Every kill in /rage mode is tallied up & relates to how long the player will then spend in forced peace mode.
Back to top Go down
Redman

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 pm

How do others know a player is in /rage mode? Maybe a name color change, a message is displayed by the server every so often, and/or the /raged players location is shown to everyone?
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:29 pm

yes, yes & yes

maybe skua players should be allowed to rage out too. Although I guess forced peace mode isn't much of a punishment to skua players.
Back to top Go down
Redman

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Skua players being involved in clan fights at will would be nice, but rage sounds like another good perk for those in clans. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Solent

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 am

Urdadi wrote:
throw out clan attack range completely. add a penalty for killing same player over & over

+1

or even a penalty the lower the rank you kill someone.

I mean it is clan wars.. where you fight. What do some people expect? Patty-cake?
Back to top Go down
Subzero

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 am

A skua will /rage in order to get first stun. Make it so you have to /rage in safe zone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Attack Range Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Attack Range   Clan Attack Range Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Attack Range
Page 1 of 1