Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repaired items loose group

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redman

Repaired items loose group Empty
PostSubject: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Repaired some armor today and tried to F12 to switch between the groups but the armor no longer had a group associated with it. Can it be made to keep the group association after a repair?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:11 am

It is an interesting problem.

When you repair something it deletes the item and recreates it again from the original template. Hence it is not just the grouping that it loses but any other added attributes. This includes but not limited to the owner of an item e.g. soulbound items lose their binding if u are able to repair them.

I would need to look at the code in more detail before being able to commit to fixing this.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 am

Problem fixed.

Next time I restart the server these will be active (too many online at the moment).

Switch group retained when item is repaired.
Owner is retained for soulbound items repaired.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:21 pm

I tried to repair a gold th axe on my alt but failed and it was instantly destroyed (was only slightly damaged b4 trying to repair)
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 am

Any item that is repairable can also get damaged while you try to repair it.

Generally if you damage it then it goes to the next damage state (0-5) assuming it has damage states. Think 5 = destroyed.

If you damage an item there is a chance that you will also double damage it, change 2 states.

So an item that is in the worst damage state will get destroyed if you repair it and it fails.
In theory an item in the 2nd last state can also get destroyed if it double fails.
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Only problem is my axe was 1/5 not 3or4/5, assumin 5 is destroyed... might have been a quad damage as my repair is that low Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:40 pm

I am completely and totally confused by all of this, someone explain to the old geezer what is going on here? o.0
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:27 am

Two totally seperate and independent issues covered in this topic, one of which was solved.

When you repair an item, it resets its stats and all its characteristics back to the default template stats. This includes the "Switch group" and the owner if it is soulbound.

The fix was to stop the loss of thos attributes.

The second issue was as to why the items was destroyed while being repaired. Without being able to observe or repeat the activity I am not able to say whether it is an operator or system problem. Hence I ignored it and hoped it went away. This worked - until now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repaired items loose group   Repaired items loose group Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repaired items loose group
Page 1 of 1